All-Star Worlds First-timers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For the love of pretzels, people, I'm creeping on this thread for tips about attending worlds, not where to find the best pretzel! Tips, folks, I need tips! I'm so unprepared for this, which is totally unlike me. I don't even remember where I'm staying! That's what happens when I don't plan my own trip.

So far I have, take pic of pass as soon as I get it.
Bring a jacket because inside is cold.
Don't drink so I won't have to pee because someone will swoop in and take my seat.
Don't follow @Cheer Dad 's son around.

What else?

The pretzels was a tip. One day you'll thank us :p

Thanks 2 more questions, with LAG being later in the day, do they clear out the venue and you line up again? and are their bad seats in the milk house (an area to advoid)??
This is the first time they are doing this way, but I do not think they will. Since tickets purchased for Saturday are not by "session" I imagine people will be able to hang all day if they choose. The only day they are doing sessions appears to be on Monday for the finals. Although, I am wondering if they will do a "special" session on Sunday night for LAG and LCO at the baseball field.

For the love of pretzels, people, I'm creeping on this thread for tips about attending worlds, not where to find the best pretzel! Tips, folks, I need tips! I'm so unprepared for this, which is totally unlike me. I don't even remember where I'm staying! That's what happens when I don't plan my own trip.

Don't drink so I won't have to pee because someone will swoop in and take my seat.

What else?
If you want a good seat for Large Coed Semis, you need to be at the Milkhouse by 6a on Saturday
If you want a good seat for LAG Semis, I would be at the Milkhouse by 4pm on Saturday
If you want a good seat for Large Coed Finals/LAG finals, you should be at the baseball field by 5p
Yes, you can have cocktails while waiting in lines. Just make sure you have a good friend to go fetch them.
***I think my work is done here...;)

10 day forecast is calling for scattered thunderstorms on Sunday (typical for Florida), but the weather may make things interesting!

If you want a good seat for Large Coed Semis, you need to be at the Milkhouse by 6a on Saturday
If you want a good seat for LAG Semis, I would be at the Milkhouse by 4pm on Saturday
If you want a good seat for Large Coed Finals/LAG finals, you should be at the baseball field by 5p
Yes, you can have cocktails while waiting in lines. Just make sure you have a good friend to go fetch them.
***I think my work is done here...;)

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! I hadn't heard the cocktails in line tip! Bless you!

Using the bathroom is a hassle there, but not NCA-level hassle. There aren't guards forcing others into your seats. Just go solo (or at least not in a big group) throw a bag on your seat and have the person beside guard it for you. If you're back within a few minutes it's usually fine.*

*Probably does not apply mid-finals competition for Large Coed and Large Senior. Hold it then.

I don't have a dog in the large senior fight so maybe I can go then... the lines will be short!
The pretzels was a tip. One day you'll thank us :p

We have Wetzels (sp?) out here so I've had them. They are most definitely delicious. But I'm on a diet and it will be hard enough to not pig out without searching out that place!

I don't have a dog in the large senior fight so maybe I can go then... the lines will be short!

The shortest Wetzel line I ever encountered was during Large Coed finals a few years back. I made my way to the top exit closest to Wetzel before Cheetahs went. I watched them hit everything and dipped out during their dance (because no one's going to mess that up, right?) and hit the stand with no line. By the time I had gotten my order the division had finished and the line was probably 30 people deep.

What else?

Don't wear white pants, or if you absolutely have to: remember to bring a towel you can sit on (I remember reading that on the boards somewhere).

Back