Worlds First-timers

Discussion in 'USASF Cheerleading WORLDS' started by Mamarazzi, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Cheergrandma

Cheergrandma I Fierce Board instead of work/study

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    To those in the know:
    Does the whole baseball stadium get filled up? That seems so unreal to me.

I'm interested in Med CoEd Prelims and Semis. (They are alternating performance order with IOC 5 I believe).
    Is Jostens center (Prelims) smaller than HP Field House? Is seating usually a problem for that division/Venue?
    Semi's and finals are at HP Field House. For some reason, I believe Medium will not be as crowded as the other (small and large) divisions.

Any input is appreciated.

2. charlie

charlie I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach / Athlete
    If I were you I would just expect every venue during every time to be full or close to it

3. Cheergrandma

Cheergrandma I Fierce Board instead of work/study

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    That's what I was afraid of.:(

4. quitthedrama

quitthedrama I buy my Insta followers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I waited for over an hour to get in to medium coed semi finals last year. I actually like the Jostens Center seating set-up better since priority is close and the mat is on a stage. There aren't as many seats, but there is priority (you have to sit/kneel), then floor level seats and some raised seats in the back and bleachers on the sides. There is also a huge area in the back where you can stand and watch. The Field House has no seats to be able to watch front and center - but it is bigger.

5. Fiercecheermom

Fiercecheermom I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Last year it did not get completely filled up, but was busy. I feel certain this year will be even busier. It will depend on whether people with regular Sunday tickets will be allowed access to the field or if they have to purchase a special ticket for that like last year.

6. Fiercecheermom

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Almost forgot this FABULOUS tip....there is VIP parking at the Wide World of Sports. It is right up front and is the best $10 I have ever spent LOL...

• Shimmy Shimmy x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. astaley22

astaley22 Slow your roll, Sparkle. Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Along with the note about the Florida sun, I seriously recommend buying a can(or three) of Solarcaine spray aloe. That stuff saves my blonde, pale, freckled, green eyed, Irish self every year. They have a traditional gel aloe too but it gets really sticky and the spray is just so easy and I swear it works better too. It takes away the pain/itchiness and my skin rarely peels.

I find it at Wal-Mart or walgreens all of the time. Target sometimes has it too.

8. Fiercecheermom

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    It's official... after looking at more info, they will indeed be selling separate tickets to finals for LAG and LCO at the baseball field. If you hold park hopper tickets purchased through USASF, then you are all set. If not, you will need to purchase those AFTER 7pm on Saturday night. Those can be purchased at WWOS for $30.

9. oliviacheers88

oliviacheers88 I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    So from what I'm understanding, I need to buy tickets to get in to each venue? This is my first time going to watch so I have no idea what I'm doing.

10. notimeforthat

notimeforthat Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    you will need a ticket for saturday. You will need 2 tickets for sunday if you plan on watching pre lims and lg coed and all girl finals.
    you also need a ticket for monday to watch all other finals.
    so total to watch everything is 4 tix
    if you purchase the park hopper you do not need to purchase any tickets at the venue

11. Fiercecheermom

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    You are correct for Saturday and Sunday. On Monday, you will need to purchase a separate ticket for each of the finals you wish to watch. Each ticket will be $30 and there will be 3 different sessions on Monday. They will be clearing the Fieldhouse between sessions. So to watch everything, you would need to purchase a total of 6 tickets. And again, if you have a park hopper, you wont need to purchase anything extra as it is included.

12. astaley22

astaley22 Slow your roll, Sparkle. Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Geez. When you think about all of that, the park hopper doesn't feel AS outrageous. It's still pretty high but at least you don't have to pay for tickets on top of it

13. cheermomforever

cheermomforever Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    The hopper pass is definitely worth the $, have u seen regular prices for a single day at a park? It is crazy. It is over $100.

14. CheerBank

CheerBank Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I bought it so that I would not have to think about getting there early for tickets or for meeting friends for drinks in Epcot!

15. Fiercecheermom

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    AND....last year, when some of us did not have the hoppers, we had to stand in the lines for the finals tickets. We waited over 2 hours in the lines....:confused: