All-Star Worlds Gyms That Closed?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hmm, I could have sworn I had seen something about the Harrisburg location this season.

I had been as well, but then I saw something about moving the athletes. Unfortunately i don't remember where. And on their website it is no longer listed with their other locations.

I mean, it was really only 20ish minutes from Mechanicsburg so I was kind of surprised they opened one so close.

I kept meaning to go check it out since it was only 10 minutes from my house but never got around to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eta: it is still on their main website. I saw it on some news page for them where they had featured teams and athletes. On the left side bar it only listed three locations. Now I'm really confused.

Eta again: The Cheer Tymes ~~ January 2016

I knew I wasn't crazy

I don't know if this counts as a gym closure or not but, when my sister cheered for American Gymnastics and Cheer (its in Montgomeryville, PA) she was on the cheer program there and her coach wasn't able to coach anymore so the coaches daughter took over for a year, and then now the current coach (who knew my sister at the same time period) took over a year later and is still coaching. The cheer program at the time was called American Cheer. (my sister cheered for American Cheer from like 2002-2004.) I go to the same gym but the cheer program was later renamed to Cheer Factor from I think 2007-2013 then renamed to Factor Allstars 2012-14, and now its called American Elite Allstars 2014-present! (I cheer for them now). I find it cool how my coach knows my sister from that long ago!!!!

Last edited:
The "Liberty spin-off" is called Steel Force Elite* Haha. They have up to Level 3 and have been quite successful in their existence. =)

There used to be this program that used to go to Clash of the Titans circa '05 and they were something Lightning...? They were purple and black I believe and had a large level 5 team. The choreography was absolutely amazing and they danced to "When Doves Cry". Can't remember the name, but I do miss that routine/team/gym!
Spin-off probably wasn't the best choice of words. Lol. Is that your program? If so, my apologies.

Dear Chantilly Families,

We have come to a very tough decision to not move forward with the opening of a Sterling location. There are many reasons why we have come to this decision. Most of them occurred in the last 48 hours. We do not feel as though this Sterling Location is our best decision moving forward and will not be pursuing this location any further. A five-year term in that space did not make sense. Second, we have a location in Northern VA with Fairfax and believe it is best to focus on what we know we have, rather than to just open another gym to say we have a gym to replace Chantilly. After what we have been through in our first lease, the next building we go into in NOVA, will be the best building for us. We have a perfectly good option in Fairfax and in Frederick, both of which are close enough to service the Northern VA area. We hope that many of you will consider trying out at our Fairfax location or our new Frederick location. Some of you have indicated that was your intentions for the upcoming season, and we thank you for your continued support of our program. Many have already signed up for our tryouts in Sterling and we want you to know, we are willing to switch your registration for tryouts over from Sterling to Fairfax and honor your prices that you are locked into. We will welcome Jacob Bloodworth full time at our Fairfax location. We will move some of our staff to Fairfax and some to Frederick. We have already placed some of our Mechanicsburg staff at our Frederick location. We will continue to deliver our very best in Fairfax, as well as Frederick and Mechanicsburg. We thank you for your support over the past four years and as Laura put it, “the magic that happened in Chantilly.” We love our athletes, coaches, and parents alike. We will never forget all the amazing moments, the teams that never gave up, the coaches who made it fun, and the constant sound of the bell rings with the cheers of joy and accomplishment. Those same feelings will occur in our other 3 locations and we welcome each of you to join us for the 2016-2017 season.

We will continue our search for the best location in NOVA. If you are currently registered for the Chantilly tryouts, your registration can be moved to Fairfax. We will plan to process payments for the tryout fee and all-star start up fee, based off your registration date, on May 9th. If you would like to be removed from the tryout registration please email [email protected] to be removed.

Hearts Up,
Kim and Scott “Crasher” Braasch

Cheer Tyme, Inc.
Customer Log-In: Click HERE

Spin-off probably wasn't the best choice of words. Lol. Is that your program? If so, my apologies.

If that's who I think it is he used to be the tumbling instructor for Liberty. And Steel Force was started by a parent/coach/tumbling instructor originally from Liberty.

*speaking as a former Liberty cheerleader*

Maryland Marlins technically closed a few years ago as they were absorbed by Maryland Twisters. Still mourning the loss of Tsunami, one of my favourite teams of all time due to their sheer fight at worlds in 2011. I don't know if they were a worlds gym but Devil Rays were acquired by Stingray and everyone knows about Orlando Allstars being taken over by Top Gun.

Crown Athletics, created shortly after Marlins closed, got some of Tsunami's girls, who have now graduated, along with many of our younger girls (shout out to splash!) As a Tsunami alum, I'm super excited to be coaching some of them this year. Honored to be a part of this growing program this season. The gym has some of that Marlins blood running through it!! *insert heart eyes emoji* Do not underestimate me again.. continued!

ik this is an thread but I don't know if anybody said it but an old gym named Maximum Allstars from East Greenville, PA has closed down since the (2013-2014 season). They were around when my older sister did cheer (00'-02'). Does anybody know why they closed down anyway?

About 5 weeks ago, Brandon acquired Florida Wildcats, making it Brandon North. I just found out about it though lol.

I know this is an old thread I made back late last year but I don't know if I said this in another thread or not but American Elite out of Montgomeryville, PA has closed down. We were going to have a new cheer director but it didn't work out. We were going to be called Precision Allstars since we were in a gymnastics facility. My mom told me they have a cheer tumbling class. Anyway, after we "folded" most of us either went to State, Victory Vipers, Rockstarz, or stopped cheering.

Back