All-Star Worlds Lottery Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheer4evah

Cheer Parent
Apr 20, 2011
Okay, I know the lottery drawing is Tuesday and that One Up takes place after the drawing. I think I read somewhere that they would allow for those bids when they do the drawing. Maybe I'm just stupid, but I don't really understand how they are going to accurately do that. Could someone explain it to me? How do they know what divisions to leave the spaces? How will they determine where in the order to leave room for those bids? If they just put those bid teams at the end of the order some people would think it isn't fair because some people believe the later in the order you go the better your chances of scoring higher. It would kind of defeat the purpose of doing the random drawing.

Any help in clarifying the process so that my brain could understand would be greatly appreciated :)

Example: If there were ten teams who had already been placed in order, but you wanted to randomly assign an eleventh team after the fact:

New team draws from a pool of numbers 1-11. Number drawn is their place in the new order. Everyone else bumps back one from where they land in the order. (They draw #7, everyone 7 and up from the original drawing bumps back a spot.)

Last edited:
Example: If there were ten teams who had already been placed in order, but you wanted to randomly assign an eleventh team after the fact:

New team draws from a pool of numbers 1-11. Number drawn is there place in the new order. Everyone else bumps back one from where they land in the order. (They draw #7, everyone 7 and up from the original drawing bumps back a spot.)

Okay, so they will be assigned after the fact. They are not leaving spaces for them in the first drawing. Makes much more sense that way. Thanks.

Okay, so they will be assigned after the fact. They are not leaving spaces for them in the first drawing. Makes much more sense that way. Thanks.

I don't know if that is how they do it, but that is how I would do it.

Back