All-Star Worlds Poor Performance

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@ls61949n

Allowing athletes a certain number of tickets is a good idea, in theory. However, some people go to Worlds (i.e. me) solely as spectators and not to watch a specific athlete or team.

@ls61949n

Allowing athletes a certain number of tickets is a good idea, in theory. However, some people go to Worlds (i.e. me) solely as spectators and not to watch a specific athlete or team.

And you as a spectator would have to buy a ticket online, just like if you were buying a ticket for a concert or play.

Agreed. It is so hard to be that person that says "please, parents exit to the right, dont sit here, dont stand there, etc." I can only be yelled at so many times.
However, We sat right behind the coaches who were playing the music or waiting for their team to go on. There was one employee, a tall blonde guy who was supposed to be controlling the crowd. Can I just say he was a complete waste of space. He sat down many times to chit chat with one particular blonde and was yelled at by his co-workers a number of times. At that point, you might as well cut your losses and get rid of him. Why pay someone who is clearly not doing their job and yells at other employees simply because they asked him to stand up in his position ready to go? I think my mother and I did more crowd control. "Youre not going to be able to sit there. Those seats are reserved for coaches." Loved all the eye rolling we got. Hey, just trying to save you time so you can quickly find a seat. Why on earth would 20 seats be open in one of the best spots in the stands??

Haha idk. Sorry that you had a bad experience.

I understand your post and i understand they have rules to follow too, but lets be real. There are over a thousand people in that building and if there was supposedly a fire, could you imagine how chaotic that entire place would be? Like someone posted earlier, we would all die anyways. There are entirely too many people at worlds, I feel each year there are more and more...

They would prefer that you die following the rules.

It is WORLDS..I'd expect for lots of people to be there. Everyone always says there are too many people..No one ever says the building is too small.

he did not save maddie's stunt but he did however prevent her bases and backspot from saving the stunt by holding her back.

The stunt went back up. The spotter didn't prevent them from saving anything. From what I saw in the video, there was one point were the backspot wasn't behind the flyer (the backspot was still on the flyer's ankle, off to the side, after the stunt came down). The flyer would have been on the floor if the spotter didn't catch her.

1. Worlds needs to be held in a bigger venue!!!
2. I can't get there at 6:30 am to get a seat when i need to help my cp get ready, who doen't go on until later in the afternoon.
3. At the worlds level, do they really need spotters??

Seriously, I've been going to worlds for a few years now and I love the "Disney" experience, but with all of the people who come to watch from all over the world, there has to be a better way to run things. Cheersport is run better than worlds!!!! Bigger venues or multiple (more than 2) venues!

clearly spotters didn't do much anyway because i was seeing bases trying so hard to save their flyers while the whole group would hit the floor, helloooo spotters where are you?! lol

Maybe when a team gets a bid that allows each athlete to have seat and maybe 2 extra seat tickets. Kind of like when you graduate highschool/college and you get "x" amount of tickets for your parents/guardians.

Then the remaining of the tickets that don't get used can be sold on ticketmaster lol

There would not be enough seats / tickets. after the Milk House is set up you are lucky if there are 700 seats

Honestly I'd kind of rather bids be awarded through video submission and highlight tapes. Also, until they cut the amount of teams in attendence by half... it will no longer be taken as seriously as it used to.

Dallas is way more impressive.

I would just like to say that a certain team filled an entire row with their back packs in the section to the left of the floor (looking at it). I went to go move one of the bags over so i could sit. and a mom flipped out at me and said (direct quote) "Don't you dare touch their bags, they just went to warm ups"...... :eek:
Excuse you?! warm ups to performance time is about an hour. you want to leave 2 entire rows completely empty for that long?
Needless to say i sat on the seat with the bag in it but didn't move it while the mother continued to yell. Then when I saw a closer seat, I moved up.

Amen . . . it sucks when you are one body trying to find a seat. It is not like there is a whole entourage with me. If not one is occupying a seat because they are in warm ups sorry but that makes it available. If when they get back in two hours and I am still here I will gladly get up and move.

It was my first year at Worlds and I was so suprised at how small the Milk House was! I was expecting it to be huge! Jamfest nationals in England is in an arena with a 7,500 capacity, and ICC nationals is held in an arena with a 12,000 capacity venue (way too big for our competition sizes tbh). Mind you, our parents had to pay over £30 (over $50) to watch the weekend at ICC nationals, so a spectator ticket for both venues costing $50 in total was a bargain in my eyes to watch so many amazing teams at such a huge event!

Jostens centre is positively tiny! But both venues had a great atmosphere, you guys in the US really get into it and are so vocal in your appreciation of good cheer skills!

We didn't have a problem in finding seats, and found that sitting right up top was perfect as no one really bothered you as everyone wants to be at the front. Jostens centre staff were great if you were sat down as they stopped people from walking in front during performances, but must have been annoying if you were someone who was being held back.

If this was an off year - I totally want to go to good year.

They should just do away with at-large bids.

But they won't, it's all about the almighty dollar.

Haha idk. Sorry that you had a bad experience.

Never a bad experience. I just thought the one employee there was a moron and shouldnt have been working if he was going to sit in the stands with the cute blonde he was infatuated with. We had great seats, got there at 6 am and didnt leave until the last team performed. No real complaints. More curiosity... how did they get so far behind? Oh well, whats done is done. On to worlds 2012!

i thought the whole walk up the stairs on one side and down on the other thing was really dumbb
I get the idea, but when the "up" staircase is completely empty and you are one step from the top to be told you can't go up these stairs is ridiculous, stop me at the bottom not at the top :confused:

Root of the problem... ALLOWING TOO MANY TEAMS TO GO
Nahhh, when I was watching large senior finals (7 teams) I didn't think the massive crowd was due to too many small limited coed teams.

Allstar cheerleading has become a spectator sport. There were massive amounts of people there just to watch.

Nahhh, when I was watching large senior finals (7 teams) I didn't think the massive crowd was due to too many small limited coed teams.

Allstar cheerleading has become a spectator sport. There were massive amounts of people there just to watch.

I wore World Cup attire all weekend and was stopped numerous times by people asking me what time Shooting Stars were performing. I'm sure parents/athletes from the other 6 gyms also were stopped and asked. It comes down to the fact that this division has a huge fan following.

On that note, I got up from my seat after large senior all-girl awards and walked around, then looked out at the audience from the observatory and saw that there were numerous seats available for the next division's finals but those awards were about 6 hours away and ALOT of teams competing during that time.

I just think that the Large Senior All-Girl division was so "small" (7 teams) and awards were just after their performance, that EVERYONE wanted to see it from beginning to end.

Back