All-Star Worlds Prelims/semi Finals Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheer4evah

Cheer Parent
Apr 20, 2011
In a division like Medium Coed that only ended up with 11 teams with at large bids all but one will move on to semi finals. Will USASF consider removing the prelim portion for them if that trend continues and just have all teams in that division start in semi finals (like Large Coed, Large all girl, etc)? And then a division like IOC5 with so many teams all start together. It would make more sense to have that division have a prelim with just at large bids. Just wondering how USASF determines what divisions start in prelims.

In a division like Medium Coed that only ended up with 11 teams with at large bids all but one will move on to semi finals. Will USASF consider removing the prelim portion for them if that trend continues and just have all teams in that division start in semi finals (like Large Coed, Large all girl, etc)? And then a division like IOC5 with so many teams all start together. It would make more sense to have that division have a prelim with just at large bids. Just wondering how USASF determines what divisions start in prelims.

There's more than 11 teams if you count non-US teams in that division. It's up to 15 or 16. And this is the first year that they've had prelims for medium senior/coed, so I don't expect they'll drop it.

IOC5 does sort of have a prelims round. The International divisions have US and Canadian Trials. All the teams from those two countries compete on Saturday and the top 10 from each of those countries move on to semis.

IOC6 still has US Trials even though there's only 10 teams and all 10 will move on.

There's more than 11 teams if you count non-US teams in that division. It's up to 15 or 16. And this is the first year that they've had prelims for medium senior/coed, so I don't expect they'll drop it.

IOC5 does sort of have a prelims round. The International divisions have US and Canadian Trials. All the teams from those two countries compete on Saturday and the top 10 from each of those countries move on to semis.

IOC6 still has US Trials even though there's only 10 teams and all 10 will move on.

What non US teams are there? Maybe I'm not looking at it right but wouldn't they have been called with the lottery drawing? They called 14 teams with at large bids during the drawing. One of those (Cheer Extreme Phoenix) has a paid bid as large coed and is competing large coed. Then medium coed teams got paid bids this weekend (Top Gun and Premier Athletics) moving them out of prelims and into semi finals. That would only leave 11 with at large bids competing in prelims. Also, I do know this is at least the third year with prelims for medium coed.

That's true about IOC5. I guess I was thinking of just the US side having so many teams. That's a really big, tough division!

What non US teams are there? Maybe I'm not looking at it right but wouldn't they have been called with the lottery drawing? They called 14 teams with at large bids during the drawing. One of those (Cheer Extreme Phoenix) has a paid bid as large coed and is competing large coed. Then medium coed teams got paid bids this weekend (Top Gun and Premier Athletics) moving them out of prelims and into semi finals. That would only leave 11 with at large bids competing in prelims. Also, I do know this is at least the third year with prelims for medium coed.

That's true about IOC5. I guess I was thinking of just the US side having so many teams. That's a really big, tough division!

Oh sorry, I misread it as Medium Senior. I didn't realize there were prelims for medium senior/coed. What they might do is decide to not have prelims next year if there's below a certain number. They've done that with US Trials for IO6 - there were less than 10 teams last year so they didn't have it this year.

Oh sorry, I misread it as Medium Senior. I didn't realize there were prelims for medium senior/coed. What they might do is decide to not have prelims next year if there's below a certain number. They've done that with US Trials for IO6 - there were less than 10 teams last year so they didn't have it this year.

Gotcha - thanks!

Latest posts

Back