Worlds Roster Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well, there are currenlty about 200,000 allstar cheerleaders, right? Lets say 100,000 attend USASF competitions. Currently it costs $25 dollars to register with the USASF, correct? Raise the price to $35 for one year (an increase of of $10 bucks) and you suddenly have a budget of 1,000,000 dollars. That is not to say it would take a million dollars, but getting funding for such an undertaking should not be a problem. And yes, there would be initial cost, but ALL great systems took an investment.

With a project manager, database programmer, and a graphic artist / interface designer the whole system could be up and ready in about 3 months for testing for the upcoming season (minus the RFID part... that would have to come once everything else is set).

King, how would we prevent parents from registering false information into the USASF system? Like what would prevent me from saying my youngest daughter is 12 instead of her true age of 10?? Typing in a birthdate is easy to falsify.

But a social security number is not. If we are going to register your child for insurance to cover them at ANY USASF gym or Event then it is not unusual to request this information. Encrypting it and keeping it safe isnt that hard for the people I would hire to do it (remember, they help run stuff on wallstreet... our SS# are peanutes compared to what those guys are used to keeping track of and encrypting.

King I think this ties perfectly into the "shoetag discussion" we had before with the athlete database.. MAJOR props to you. I really like the sounds of it, even if it is a little rough around the edges. I think it's awesome that you've spent so much time and effort into thinking up an idea this complex! :)

Currently does every parent register their kid on USASF or is it just the ones that go to worlds?

It is supposed to be all kids I believe, but I think very few people do it besides worlds peeps.

Incredible, so well thought out and then you give us a path to get there. A few extra dollars out of my pocket to make it happen? It seems like a no brainer to me. Some really great ideas and conversation going on in this Forum.

The picture idea is something I have been saying for a while.

The only idea I don't like currently is the second one of once you are on a team that gets a bid you can't go anywhere else. Not because I don't agree with the purpose, but enforcement and tracking would be very hard on that one.

Industry standard - can't take on the athlete unless they have a release signed by their current team coach. This is widely done in hockey. If my son wants to terminate his affiliation with his hockey team that he signed a contract for the season with - he needs to get a release signed in order to play on another team during that current season. I have to do this just about every year as the main season is closing and we are rolling into spring league or if he participates in one off tournaments.

Well, there are currenlty about 200,000 allstar cheerleaders, right? Lets say 100,000 attend USASF competitions. Currently it costs $25 dollars to register with the USASF, correct?

Where does the 200,000 number come from? And the 100,000 estimate? Is that unique cheerleaders? or the same ones attending multiple events?

I had heard that number a while ago. Do you have a more accurate number?

I had heard that number a while ago. Do you have a more accurate number?

Nope. This just seems very high to me.

I will be interested to see how the new membership program discussed at NAB works. If it does what I think it can, your ideas become much more feasible.

Well, lets say there are around 1,000 member gyms of the USASF (that seems reasonable, right?). What is the average size of a gym? 100 athletes?

I think that the average gym is around 65-70. (Somewhere in the middle of all of the estimates I have heard from somewhat reliable sources.) I'm not sure about the average USASF member gym, though - that number would probably be a bit higher than the "actual" average. (Tiny gyms would be less likely to be USASF members than huge gyms.)

I think I read online there are 1500 usasf gyms.

How hard can it be to make the alternate/substitution rules very clear with no loop holes? That doesn't seem like a hard task.

Back