All-Star Worst Comp. Moments Ever!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Freshman year regionals. Girl got injured warming up tumbling and we had to redo the routine entirely. Then we get on the floor and the routine was a complete disaster. Every stunt fell, a girl got her tooth knocked out, and the pyramid was just a mess.

Then varsity goes on (I was on JV at the time) and everything went wrong in their routine. So you can imagine the bus ride back. Since then though (and for my school career and even now) there has not been anything as bad as that day.

That's kinda crazy about fedexing the bow but I would have maybe done the same. :)

A friend went to Orlando from south Florida for a cheer comp. After they arrive at the hotel the night before the comp, they realize they left both their girls' full uniforms and shoes at home! (like how do you even do that lol) The dad drove all night back home and back to Orlando, a 6 hour roundtrip.

seeing 90% of my team go up the stairs to step on stage and falling as we got called on the floor!

I couldn't stop laughing and laughed the entire full out performance it was the worst for me because i seriously tried to stop laughing and couldn't focus.

I have to ask with both the bow and the skirt scenarios - couldn't you just borrow one from another team in the gym?
Only if all the teams wear the same uniform, at CP's gym none of the teams wear the same uniform or have the same bows

We had show night the night before CP’s last rec comp, and one of her two poms went missing (which they used for a whopping 4 8 counts of the entire routine, and were definitely more trouble than they were worth). The only team that used those poms in our program was hers. I ended up calling a mom who’s CP had competed at that level with the same team colors the year before and asked her if by any chance she still had her CP’s poms. Bless her,she did, and tossed them to me as her CP’s team headed to warm ups, about 15 minutes before our mat time. (It did turn up, and is now in her closet in case anyone calls me and needs it :) )

Not a comp but have you ever dropped off a child at the WRONG STARTING LOCATION FOR A MIDDLE SCHOOL FOOTBALL CHEER PARADE?

I HAVE. (MY NEICE.)

Her mom asked me to drop her off while she was on call one weekend. She told me that this child knew where to go. I picked her up. I said "Where is it?" She said XYZ Elementary.

THE KICKER: Before I let her out, I asked her "BECCA IS THIS THE RIGHT SCHOOL? I DO NOT SEE YOUR TEAM ANYWHERE."

Her (staring at her phone) - "Yeah." *gets out without looking up*

I let her out and the best part was she CALLED ME IN A HUFF ABOUT 15 MIN AFTER I PULLED OFF BECAUSE "OMG AUNTIE YOU TOOK ME TO THE WRONG SCHOOL AND I'M GONNA BE LATE!"

I just asked you if this was the right school and you said YES. Girl.

Spoiler alert: She was late, missed line up, did not get to be in the parade, and in true tween fashion, was mad at ME for not knowing where to go.

I remember a comp many years ago and we left my daughter's black crop that goes under the shell at home. I rushed to target and found a black mock turtleneck shirt the same material and we used that. Remember those crops and shells? I have sewn uniforms, glued bows , switched uniforms with other teammates, you name it. I think I can (hopefully) handle anything after all these years. The only think I would freak out about is not having cheer shoes. Anything else can be found, shared, etc. At the last comp we had, I was putting in my daughter's drawstring pony and the elastic broke. Did I freak? Nope. I looked at team mom (thank goodness not me this year) and said I need a pony in brown. We found a girl on another team who was already done for the day, used her pony, and kept rolling. I have since fixed our pony but it was no big deal. My kid takes it all in stride too. If you don't have a bow and can't share, you probably can find one from a vendor at the comp that looks similar lol. Coach might be mad but it's better than no bow. I definitely can understand freaking out tho. Hopefully you have a good team mom who can assist .

Worst moment for me was college cheer in warmups, I caught a front flip dismount wrong and hurt my ankle (I have a long term disability from an injury I sustained two years prior to this event, so my ankle gets hurt easily). They rearranged the routine, put an alternate in my spot, and took the mat. The first thing in the routine was flipping baskets, the alternate catches my flyer, tears her ACL right on the mat. They let us go back into warmups and fix our routine, but we didn't have any extras so they just threw me back in. No tumbling, dancing, or jumps, just stunts and then I would squat in the front of the mat for everything else. My alltime favorite action shot is me basing a 360 standing on one foot because putting weigh on the injured one was so bad.

Turns out I had a hairline fracture on my shin and managed to both sprain AND re-break my bad ankle. Whoopsies.

Not nearly as dramatic/terrible as some other stories on this thread but my freshman year of HS on the girls on my comp team went to another schools prom/ She missed warmups because she was getting her hair and makeup done, sucked on stage because her head wasn't in the game (luckily we still got first) and then skipped awards to leave for the prom. Everyone else was pissed.

Hmm...let’s see. CP had her front tooth knocked out in warm ups, on the plus side it was already a bit lose. I found out after she got off the floor and smiled at me. She looked like a hockey player who had just been roughed up with blood around her mouth!!!

There was also the time where she fell in her elite stunt during a competition and nobody caught her. Her 3rd stepped away and watched her fall, and her bases never caught her so she landed on her tailbone and sustained whiplash to her C2 & C3 vertebrae, and a concussion that took 2 months to heal from and she missed a month of school. All by the sweet age of 8. :( It was horrible standing there in the front row and watching it happen and not being able to do anything. She got up (stunned) and finished the routine like nothing happened. Did all her stunts and tumbling too. She doesn’t remember anything from that day! I must be the only mom of a flyer who wishes her kid was a base, or played chess!

Hmm...let’s see. CP had her front tooth knocked out in warm ups, on the plus side it was already a bit lose. I found out after she got off the floor and smiled at me. She looked like a hockey player who had just been roughed up with blood around her mouth!!!

There was also the time where she fell in her elite stunt during a competition and nobody caught her. Her 3rd stepped away and watched her fall, and her bases never caught her so she landed on her tailbone and sustained whiplash to her C2 & C3 vertebrae, and a concussion that took 2 months to heal from and she missed a month of school. All by the sweet age of 8. :( It was horrible standing there in the front row and watching it happen and not being able to do anything. She got up (stunned) and finished the routine like nothing happened. Did all her stunts and tumbling too. She doesn’t remember anything from that day! I must be the only mom of a flyer who wishes her kid was a base, or played chess!
Playing chess, maybe, but in my 9 years I have seen way more injuries to bases than flyer injuries. Broken noses, concussions, teeth knocked out...plus all of the chronic back issues, etc. It’s a dangerous sport from every position!!

I've always thought bases and backs in general get smaller injuries nose bleeds, bumps, bruises, scars that happen at a greater frequency but flyers get hurt at a lower frequency but tend to be more serious injuries. I truly think all positions balance out in the wash of a season and end up pretty even lol.

Playing chess, maybe, but in my 9 years I have seen way more injuries to bases than flyer injuries. Broken noses, concussions, teeth knocked out...plus all of the chronic back issues, etc. It’s a dangerous sport from every position!!
I know each position has its injuries. It was more so a tongue-in-cheek comment since so many parents want their kids to fly and I’d rather my kid base. ;)

Back