All-Star Worst Comp. Moments Ever!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Last year at Worlds everyone heard it as my daughter dislocated her finger in warm ups.....so they popped it back in and she competed. Needless to say the pry maid on her side didn't go as planned. She got back home to find out it was fractured too.

The first year my oldest CP's stunt group threw their flyer up for a straight ride basket but she was set wrong and flew forward. No one tried to catch her except my CP, even the front spot. She landed very hard on her rear. Poor girl completed the routine visibly in pain, throwing back handsprings and hitting the pyramid without missing a beat but trying to fight off tears. She ended up with her chest muscles bruised if I remember well from the jolt, and we were in last place. The following weekend she wasn't supposed to compete but did anyway and they almost dropped her the same way again, but she was caught. They won that comp. I still have the video, it is still hard to watch, but hard to delete too.

The first year my oldest CP's stunt group threw their flyer up for a straight ride basket but she was set wrong and flew forward. No one tried to catch her except my CP, even the front spot. She landed very hard on her rear. Poor girl completed the routine visibly in pain, throwing back handsprings and hitting the pyramid without missing a beat but trying to fight off tears. She ended up with her chest muscles bruised if I remember well from the jolt, and we were in last place. The following weekend she wasn't supposed to compete but did anyway and they almost dropped her the same way again, but she was caught. They won that comp. I still have the video, it is still hard to watch, but hard to delete too.
similar thing happend to my flyer at practice at my old gym. She flew backwards. Bases tripped while trying to catch her cause they were running. I "caught" her but I fell on my butt.....

It was my daughters Junior 3 's first really big national...Jamfest Indy, the girls were very nervous , so while they walked through the mall killing time until performance time, we would randomly find coins on the ground...lots of coins...I told them it's lucky money and to tuck it into their bra tops for good luck. I didn't realize the word spread and the entire team tucked lucky coins they found all weekend into their tops....UNTIL the coach (Coach12) Leelee said what's up with my teams uni tops, you could see the change clearly through their tops....too late, they performed that way...must have worked, they won but I was known as the weird mom now.

Last edited:

Omg this happened my 2nd year as a rec coach. Teaching my younger team (jr team) straight ride baskets. My cp was the flyer and already knew how to basket but the bases were new. Lord almighty why on God’s earth did they set regular but then sent her forward. Like they had the box grip (wrist on wrist) but instead of pushing up they were pushing the back up and forward and the front end went down. I was in front right behind the front spot who didn’t listen to my direction of using her arms and hands to make sure they push straight up and instead was just there and my cp went up and forward over the front spot and over my head and my arm just shot up at her chest grabbing her shirt and pulling her down to me. She landed on my chest. Thank you cheer gods for quick reflexes but I’ll be honest it felt like slow motion and my heart ended in my foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

omg why did i read this thread before bed.

had a terrible nightmare last night that i forgot to take my uniform to a comp :confused:

Omg this happened my 2nd year as a rec coach. Teaching my younger team (jr team) straight ride baskets. My cp was the flyer and already knew how to basket but the bases were new. Lord almighty why on God’s earth did they set regular but then sent her forward. Like they had the box grip (wrist on wrist) but instead of pushing up they were pushing the back up and forward and the front end went down. I was in front right behind the front spot who didn’t listen to my direction of using her arms and hands to make sure they push straight up and instead was just there and my cp went up and forward over the front spot and over my head and my arm just shot up at her chest grabbing her shirt and pulling her down to me. She landed on my chest. Thank you cheer gods for quick reflexes but I’ll be honest it felt like slow motion and my heart ended in my foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have not lived until you have reached up into a stunt to save people from themselves. lol.

Back