All-Star Worst Deductions Ever/can You Even Be Deducted For This?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

there was a video on youtube of a high school team where a girls weave fell off onto the mat, she was front and center during the dance......... is that a deduction
That happened to a girl on my team, however she just ripped it out of her ponytail and threw it off the stage before she tumbled. I think it actually landed right in front of our opponents who were waiting to go on after...I have a video.

That happened to a girl on my team, however she just ripped it out of her ponytail and threw it off the stage before she tumbled. I think it actually landed right in front of our opponents who were waiting to go on after...I have a video.

at least she got it off the mat, in the video i saw she was whipping her hair in the dance and it flew onto the mat, then she ran and grabbed it and just held it in her hand as she danced..... awk

We have this in Sweden, and I always thought every cheerleader in the world had to keep their nails short. I think it's a great rule with a clear purpose (it hurts getting scratched!).

Another rule we have in Sweden is this:
"Hair color is to look natural. However, coloring parts of or your entire hair in your teams colors are allowed". What this means is I can have bright orange hair, but not green or blue. Meanwhile, @youbetterwork could have bright blue hair but not orange. I don't know if there has been deductions for this, but it's in the rulebook and I think it's a weird rule since there are no safety issues connected to hair color.
The rule exist because it's distracting, they want everybody to look the same. I know people who's been having pink hair, but had to dye it in time for competition.

The rule exist because it's distracting, they want everybody to look the same. I know people who's been having pink hair, but had to dye it in time for competition.

Yeah, I can understand why it would be distracting if someone has an extreme hair color. What I don't get is why the rule doesn't apply to all "unnatural" hair colors, just the ones that aren't your team color. But maybe that's a discussion for another time and place :)

We got a deduction in level 2 last year saying that the backspot needs to stay in contact with the flyer the whole time. When I went to talk to the rules judge and showed them the rules she had no clue what she was talking about. So frustrating.

We got a deduction this weekend on a Sr. 3 team for a girl being and I quote "too piked in her tuck." They didn't say she was doing a layout, they said she did a pike out on purpose. My coach contested that we don't even teach pike outs so how on earth could she have purposely done a skill she didn't know how to do? But instead of a performance error we got a 25 point illegality deduction. We lost to a team who dropped the same stunt 3 times and music's cut out. Then on the redo cut out again.

Back