All-Star Worst Deductions Ever/can You Even Be Deducted For This?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can understand this one, although I think it is petty. This team got 30 points for "inverting a flyer" without anyone supporting their head/neck for the part that began at 1:22ish. But more specifically I think for when they set them down at 1:30.

I just hate when anyone gets deductions for motions/cool visual things.

You can also get deducted in SC for having metal in a brace.

Add all these insane H.S. Cheer deductions to my list of why I prefer All Star to High School cheer. How can you be innovative if you happen to do something judges haven't seen before - uh-oh, might be unsafe...Inverted tumbling deduction? Excessive smiles/confidence?? And seriously, can someone explain how nail polish is important? You can have hideous, 5-inch long fingernails, just don't paint them.

What about the whole bows/ shoes falling off? how much of a deduction is that?
The team I coach for had a girls bow fall off at States, someone stepped on it and it was a 7 pt deduction, but its only a deduction if stepped or tumbled on (In MA)

When I was a freshman, our varsity didn't make it to state because they had 'inverted baskets' at regionals. 5 points per stunt group. They never had that deduction before regionals so it was absolutely heart breaking to the 18 seniors on the team. It was also the most talented team my school had before 2010. Since this incident, the deduction has been lowered.

You can see it at 2:06

I see it in the basket to the left. The front center is iffy because of the angle, and the back was probably because the arch like stated above.

Add all these insane H.S. Cheer deductions to my list of why I prefer All Star to High School cheer. How can you be innovative if you happen to do something judges haven't seen before - uh-oh, might be unsafe...Inverted tumbling deduction? Excessive smiles/confidence?? And seriously, can someone explain how nail polish is important? You can have hideous, 5-inch long fingernails, just don't paint them.

At my high school state competition, our coach made us cut our fingernails the night before because the judges would ask you to hold up you hand and if the nail was longer than the skin then they would give you deductions. Also if you wore any type of glitter or shimmery eye shadow on your face then you would get a deduction. High School rules are just ridiculous.

When i was 6 i was cheering for a really unorganized gym, and we got our new unis in 2 days before our first comp. They gave me 4 sizes too big in my skirt... needless to say it fell off during the routine and me being six... i kept going. that video will follow me for the rest of my life... :oops:

I also remember when i was on Mako FOREVER ago a guy on hammerhead tumbled off the elevated stage. they got a deduction for that, too.

When i was 6 i was cheering for a really unorganized gym, and we got our new unis in 2 days before our first comp. They gave me 4 sizes too big in my skirt... needless to say it fell off during the routine and me being six... i kept going. that video will follow me for the rest of my life... :oops:

I also remember when i was on Mako FOREVER ago a guy on hammerhead tumbled off the elevated stage. they got a deduction for that, too.

Im pretty sure I was on that team...well maybe not because that has happened several times on HH, but it did happen twice when I was on it.

I asked my coach that one day and she said no nail polish is for safety reasons. If you pass out they look at your nails to look for blood flow I guess. If you have nail polish on they can't tell. I see a lot of people with the fake nails I think that's worse then nail polish. But long nails ...I have scars on my hands from poeple with longs nails

For high school cheerleading in Missouri, the rules at State and Regionals are very strict! You can get deducted before the routine even starts by:
*your hair or bow touching your shoulders, face, or any other part of your body
*Fingernail polish
*being able to see your fingernails from the palm side of your hand
*Any jewelry/hair ties
*Hard braces/casts

During the routine:
*Stepping on signs/poms
*Throwing signs/poms
*Your hair or bow touching any part of your body.
*Hair, bows, or shoes falling off.

Did you ever watch any of these safety judges during routines? There is one in Connecticut i see at a lot of high school competitions and i swear she gets so excited when she can give out a deduction!! lol! she seems to enjoy the job wayyy too much!
i always want to ask her if she gets a bonus or something for giving out a lot of deductions!!

My team at Worlds last year was in 3rd place and we were going to move on to the finals but we got a deduction for our music being .3 SECONDS TOO LONG... -____- We got bumped to 8th place and didn't move on... Ridiculous...

Back