All-Star Worst Deductions Ever/can You Even Be Deducted For This?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

my junior level one team that i coach got a deduction for, "not having extended body positions in pyramid"... did they miss the part where we were LEVEL 1, and that is illegal??? judges blow my mind sometimes...

I remember a few years back at a local Cheersport regional, a guy on a Coed 5 team had the middle opening pass, and his shoe flew off, and he was flipping with so much force and so fast that it flew and smacked the top of the cheersport backdrop. I do believe they got a deduction that sent them to last..

LOLL at NCA nationals my team got a deduction for "humping".

they even wrote that on the scoresheet. we had an assisted jump thing in the jump section and i guess the guy absorbing the girls body weight looked sexual.
we were in last day 1 and when we got our scoresheets we just laaaaaughed.
you have no idea how hard i just laughed.
i think i just woke up everyone in the house..oops...:oops:

my junior level one team that i coach got a deduction for, "not having extended body positions in pyramid"... did they miss the part where we were LEVEL 1, and that is illegal??? judges blow my mind sometimes...

But you can have an extended two-legged stunt braced by 2 people in Level 1? Maybe that is possibly what they meant?

LOLL at NCA nationals my team got a deduction for "humping".

they even wrote that on the scoresheet. we had an assisted jump thing in the jump section and i guess the guy absorbing the girls body weight looked sexual.
we were in last day 1 and when we got our scoresheets we just laaaaaughed.

I saw a local lvl 5 team do a push-up like move in their routine a few years ago that looked like all of the girls were humping the floor. I am not usually prudish, but if I were a judge, I would've given them a deduction. But my main question at the time was why in the world are the PARENTS allowing their daughters to do that?

I saw a local lvl 5 team do a push-up like move in their routine a few years ago that looked like all of the girls were humping the floor. I am not usually prudish, but if I were a judge, I would've given them a deduction. But my main question at the time was why in the world are the PARENTS allowing their daughters to do that?

During choreography a couple years back, a choreographer put something like that in the routine. Luckily for me, they told him it needed to be toned down and changed. Although, I am pretty sure a video of me doing that piece of choreography would have won Americas funniest home videos.

My team was going to be deducted for a doing "one back tuck basket without a backspot during the opening sequence". What we actually did was THREE dual based lib back tuck cradles (this is lvl6). My coaches didn't hear the call out so I went & made to judges watch the replay. I was having NONE of it! least to say, I was proved correct & we didn't get deducted. However, not surprisingly, we didn't win. I dread to think what other elements of our routine they didn't give marks for if an entire panel of judges deducted for a move that wasn't even performed. Most biased competition I've ever been to!

... Extended two-legged stunts braced on both sides with hand-arm connection are not illegal in pyramids in level 1. But did you get a "deduction" for that? Or did you not score as high as you expected on the pyramid section (maybe you had a lower degree of difficulty score)? Because, in my mind, deductions are things that you get for doing something illegal/against the rules that take away from your total score (ie, 10 point safety deduction) while just not doing a skill that hits the highest skill on the score sheet would be more of a reduced score (to me). I'm not sure if I'm making sense, lol, but it would be weird to me to get a deduction for not doing a certain skill.

Back