All-Star Worst Examples Of Nepotism You've Seen

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 14, 2017
Whelp, our school just rehired a dance coach they fired a few years ago for mishandling funds. I'm inclined to think it's got something to do with her dad being on the school board. This bothers me for many reasons, but the main one is that the last dance coach really built the team up from literally nothing (we didn't have one a few years ago) and now the girls finally feel they can hold their own at UDA this year. And I'd really, really hate to hand them off to an incompetent coach who was hired -- pretty clearly, in my estimation -- because of who her dad is rather than her past qualifications (which should've been voided when the whole stealing thing happened, but that's just me).

Anyway, how've you guys handled this?

Unfortunately I’d handle it by staying out of it. She’ll sink or swim and her and her supervisors will have to handle any parental complaints.

And if she tanks a program, there will be complaints.

Unfortunately I’d handle it by staying out of it. She’ll sink or swim and her and her supervisors will have to handle any parental complaints.

And if she tanks a program, there will be complaints.

Yeah probably. This post was more just to vent than anything else because I’m just so frustrated. I had a great girl lined up to be the new coach and then admin blew off my recommendation to rehire this woman. Who, btw, doesn’t even have any dance experience. Only cheer. Because apparently our admin sees no difference between the two.

Is this the same woman that wanted to make a cheer flag team and wanted to use your resources?

Is this the same woman that wanted to make a cheer flag team and wanted to use your resources?

Oh no. She let that go as soon as she realised it was, in fact, more of a band thing than a cheer thing. Just like I told her.

This gal has been around for awhile in some form since way before I got here. If not at our school, then other ones in the district. And she’s been “removed” from a handful of positions over the years, then somehow is always rehired. I have to think because of her dad. Such is the downside of living in a small town.

Oh no. She let that go as soon as she realised it was, in fact, more of a band thing than a cheer thing. Just like I told her.

This gal has been around for awhile in some form since way before I got here. If not at our school, then other ones in the district. And she’s been “removed” from a handful of positions over the years, then somehow is always rehired. I have to think because of her dad. Such is the downside of living in a small town.

“Informative.” LOL.

Back