Worst Tumbling Accidents You Have Seen

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 14, 2011
I was at practice and this girl was doing just standing two backhandsprings. but her finger stuck up and she landed on it. she landed on her knees laughing than all of a sudden broke out in horrifying SCREAMSS... her middle finger was broken and was all twisted up... it was nasty

Oh, man, let's see:

• This one girl on our team was going for her full. She had done it a lot of times before but had stopped doing it. So, one day, she decided to go for it. She went for it and landed on here knees. The second time, she went for it and twisted right off of the ground and stopped in the middle and landed right on her head.
  • There was this other girl who was learning her round off tuck with a spot. She was afraid of the power she got and went up so high and tucked a little bit and let go and she fell straight on her head.
  • A boy on our team was doing a round off handspring tuck and stopped in the middle of the tuck. He was SO high and fell straight on his head.
I don't know what it is about tucks, but people bail out on them a lot! All of these falls weren't funny in the beginning but left the whole team busting up laughing after asking if they were okay.

ive seen alot of those in my cheer days but it was just the shock of falling that scared them

Ok i saw one girl at my gym go for her roundoff back handspring and she fell like straight onto her head like in a headstand. Needless to say, It looked really painful.

Ok i saw one girl at my gym go for her roundoff back handspring and she fell like straight onto her head like in a headstand. Needless to say, It looked really painful.
o my gosh ...is she ok

I was in line waiting for my turn on the tumbl trak and a girl wanted to show me her bhs tuck and she fell off the trak while tumbling onto her head and the concrete. She was little, and started immediately crying, but was somehow okay.

I was a competitive gymnast (level 10), then cheer, then a coach....I've seen it all. The worst ones were when you actually heard the pop of the ACL snapping.

My worst was when I was tumbling outside in grass (dumb, I know). I set for my layout and my feet went out from under me. I got zero height and landed like a belly flop. I had grass between my teeth.

I was in line waiting for my turn on the tumbl trak and a girl wanted to show me her bhs tuck and she fell off the trak while tumbling onto her head and the concrete. She was little, and started immediately crying, but was somehow okay.
haha o my lord katie... who was that ????

I was a competitive gymnast (level 10), then cheer, then a coach....I've seen it all. The worst ones were when you actually heard the pop of the ACL snapping.

My worst was when I was tumbling outside in grass (dumb, I know). I set for my layout and my feet went out from under me. I got zero height and landed like a belly flop. I had grass between my teeth.
holy crap haha.. ive never had the guts to do a tuck in grasss and now i will never do it hahha

Mine was at gymnastics - twice. Same girl.

Once she came off bars, tried to back tuck and landed on her side/face.
Second time was off the tumble track, our tumble track is raised about 6 feet from the floor and bars, it has like a fence, but she back tucked right over it.

First time compound fracture to her arm. Second time broken nose and collar bone. We have a White floor, and blood stains are really hard to get out!!!

Mine was at gymnastics - twice. Same girl.

Once she came off bars, tried to back tuck and landed on her side/face.
Second time was off the tumble track, our tumble track is raised about 6 feet from the floor and bars, it has like a fence, but she back tucked right over it.

First time compound fracture to her arm. Second time broken nose and collar bone. We have a White floor, and blood stains are really hard to get out!!!
pooor kid... and why would you have white floors haha

LOL! I'm proud to say she is actually back training now:) Well it was at my gymnastics club, and as a rule gymnastic floors are white... aren't they?!

Typically in the US gymnastics and cheer floors are blue, but occasionally a gym will get them in a different color. In other countries GymNova and JanssenFritsen are very popular gymnastics equipment suppliers....GymNova floors are usually a white/tan color with a red border. JanssenFritsen is usually a red floor.

Back