OT X Factor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jun 17, 2010
I know I'm like way late on making a thread about X Factor, but has anybody else been keeping up? Who are you rooting for? Who do you think is making it to the final in two weeks? Who do you think will win? And is it just me or is Demi extra sassy these days? lol

I think from the beginning this season has been stacked with talent and I have literally loved every single contestant that made it through to the live shows. I'm a huge fan of Carly Rose, Tate Stevens, and Emblem 3. I think those 3 will make it to the final and Carly Rose will take it because she is just amazing. She takes my breath away every time she sings.

This is my first season watching but I love it. Or should say loved since they sent Vino home. :(:banghead: (Although I hated how LA worked with him - he made him to "slick" for me. I liked his "rough around the edges I-look-like-a-felon" persona that he came to the show with, not his old man R&B guy thing they did to him)

So now I'm left just with Emblem 3. I think Carly rose and Tate Stevens are suuuuuper talented, but man they bore me to death (yes, i know I'm completely alone in that). I never even remember them singing. I don't get the hype about Diamond at. all. Not at all - she just seems like a girl my cp would hang out with, singing in my living room. Decent voice, but not $5 million worth. I change my mind about Cece every week lol. And I would really like that girl group if that annoying one (the one whose grandfather died) wasn't in it - I am not a fan of hers at all.

So as far as who I like? Emblem 3, Tate, and Cece.

Who do I think will actually be in the top 3? Tate, Carly Rose, and Emblem 3.

Winner? Tate Stevens (possibly Carly Rose, but I'm leaning towards Tate).

You're so right about Demi!! She has been driving me crazy (especially last night). My favorite is Tate because he seems so genuinely nice and we are both from KC so I have to root for the hometown guy. I think if he got some tips on performing more than just singing, he could be really successful. My other love is Carly Rose. Soooo talented for such a young age.

One of my friends had an opportunity to work on set when the auditions were in KC and she said CeCe is a really sweet girl so I have been trying to like her, but its just not happening for me. I think she should go tonight, along with either Diamond or 5th Harmony. Diamond is talented, but she just reminds me of the average Nick/Disney kid. Talented, cute, but nothing that makes you stop and go WOW.

I think the finals will be Carly wins, Tate 2nd, Emblem 3 3rd

Just-a-Mom I agree with you about Vino! I loved him in auditions, boot camp, and judge's homes, but he lost his spark under LA's direction. So is it safe to say I'm not alone in thinking of her audition every time she sings when she continued to sing for like five hours after her song was over when the judges were trying to give her their feedback?? Haha.

ashscott41 I thought the Jonas Brothers comment to Emblem 3 went a little too far.....

The thing with Cece is I think she's got the whole package, she's gorgeous, she has so much determination, she can perform, she's definitely got the attitude. She just needs to clean up her vocals. She can hit the bigger notes perfectly fine, but not all songs call for them. She needs to really work on her vocal range and then she'll be unstoppable. There's a part of me that's rooting for her just because she's the underdog and she's a huge fighter (and nobody wants to go back to the middle of nowhere Decatur after living in LA for months) but we all know she's not going to win and she'll probably go home this week.

I think Cece is a definite goner and it's either Diamond or Fifth Harmony.

Yes yes yes - ever since the singing on and on and on... And on in auditions I can't stand her! (Ally is her name I think?)

I think I like Cece - even if she's a bit much, I think she's got star written all over her.

I really like Tate a lot as a person and I love his voice. I agree with ashscott41 he just needs performance help.

Emblem 3 makes me either feel like a pedophile or a Cougar... Not sure which! But they're just so cute and I love their music.

Demi is tooooooooo sassy for me right now. I like her but I feel like she's trying too hard to be feisty and it's coming off as childish and unprofessional.

Didn't watch last night's episode yet, so I won't check the thread again til after! :D

I totally agree with what you all have been saying about Demi - I thought it was just me! I think it is extremely rude how she keeps interrupting Simon as well. She also makes some completely unnecessary comments. All of this is starting to turn me off about her as a person. I knew she was a little sassy, but NOTHING like this.

I've been a HUGE fan of Emblem 3 since their first audition, but I feel like they are starting to lose their spark ever so slightly.
Carly Rose is absolutely breath-taking. I still cannot believe she is only 13.
And I love love love Tate Stevens. I'm not sure I'm liking what LA has been doing with him recently. I agree with that comment that Simon made last night - saying that Tate needs to choose the songs rather than LA.
Cece... *sigh* I just cant seem to completely like everything she has to offer. Her attitude in the start of the show was a turn off for me (and I think some of America) and she has been trying to win us all back over. I liked her performance last week. But this week, I thought her vocals were pretty off.
I think it's about time for Diamond to go home too. I think she's good, but not fantastic.

My top 3: (in no order)
-Tate Stevens
-Carly Rose
-Emblem Three

i love carly rose, like everyone else. i think she's phenomenal and will only get better with age.

at the same time, it sort of bothers me that she was previously on broadway. i feel like you shouldn't be able to be on the show if you were ever compensated for your talent. i know it's not against the rules (or she wouldn't be on the show) but i feel like because of her professional history she is no longer an "amateur" as most of the others are. kind of like the NCAA eligibility rules. if she was paid to perform, she is now a professional. just my opinion, which has no effect on the outcome of the show. and i still love her. it just sort of bothers me.

I love Carly Rose. I liked Beatrice. I tolerate 5th Harmony. Diamond made my skin crawl. She was contrived. I felt happy when she left tonight...almost as happy as I felt last week when that non talented, can't sing gimmicky Paige left. Emblem 3 makes my skin crawl. OC Direction needs to go away. And Tate Stevens. Don't like him either.

Clearly in team Carly or die. Home girl could sing the telephone book and still kill it compared to everyone else.

i love carly rose, like everyone else. i think she's phenomenal and will only get better with age.

at the same time, it sort of bothers me that she was previously on broadway. i feel like you shouldn't be able to be on the show if you were ever compensated for your talent. i know it's not against the rules (or she wouldn't be on the show) but i feel like because of her professional history she is no longer an "amateur" as most of the others are. kind of like the NCAA eligibility rules. if she was paid to perform, she is now a professional. just my opinion, which has no effect on the outcome of the show. and i still love her. it just sort of bothers me.

Carly rose was on broadway? this is news to me, please explain!! im interested to hear :)

Carly rose was on broadway? this is news to me, please explain!! im interested to hear :)

Yep she's been performing and acting since she was like 3! She was also in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 or something like that... not a big part but whatever. And she has been in some broadway musicals like Wonderland and Les Miserables... She has lots of videos on YouTube lol

Yep she's been performing and acting since she was like 3! She was also in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 or something like that... not a big part but whatever. And she has been in some broadway musicals like Wonderland and Les Miserables... She has lots of videos on YouTube lol

oh wow, I didn't know that! thanks for the info!

So, if a street performer is given a quarter is that ok? What about a wedding singer? Bar/club singer? At what point is the compensation too much in your opinion? What if it were a band and now they are a solo act, is that different?

So, if a street performer is given a quarter is that ok? What about a wedding singer? Bar/club singer? At what point is the compensation too much in your opinion? What if it were a band and now they are a solo act, is that different?

i have no idea. i know i went to high school with a guy in one of the groups voted off earlier on the show and they've done small scale shows in philadelphia and atlantic city.. so i guess that would count too sort of?i don't know anymore. stop making me think :p i just thought the point of the show was to find amateurs and i don't think she is one. i still hope she wins since she really is the best competitor, IMO.

i have no idea. i know i went to high school with a guy in one of the groups voted off earlier on the show and they've done small scale shows in philadelphia and atlantic city.. so i guess that would count too sort of?i don't know anymore. stop making me think :p i just thought the point of the show was to find amateurs and i don't think she is one. i still hope she wins since she really is the best competitor, IMO.
I think pretty much a current record deal is the only thing that would disqualify since that is the prize.

I have a slight obsession with Carly rose, she is just so dang good. i could listen to her sing all day.

Beatrice also had professional experience, she was the voice of one of the characters in toy story 3!

Back