All-Star Xtreme Spirit Kalahari

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I really think that I would more so like the idea of how NCA College Nationals does there Prelims to finals. You compete in Prelims and try to make the top 50% to move on to Finals. Whoever doesnt make the Top 50% goes and competes in the Challenge Cup. The winner of the Challenge Cuo moves to finals. Beings Worlds would probably have a lot more teams competing in the Challenge Cup then NCA (I think NCA only probabaly has like 10-12 teams in a Challnege cup AT MOST) The Worlds Challenge Cup could take like the top 5 or 10% placing teams into finals. That way everyone will get to compete twice - With another chance to prove themselves (incase a REALLY GOOD TEAM just falls apart in Prelims, it will give them a chance to make finals - If you cant prove yourself out of two performances, IMO, you SHOULD be left out of Finals)

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

i really like this idea.

I think that paid bids only advance to prelims...

Anyway, I cant answer WHY they changed it, but I think it was having to do how large some of the divisions were becoming. Even the most perfect of judges cant fairly judge 80 teams fairly. Last year when they split the divisions (My division I am concerned with is Small Limited, as I have a team in that division) it wasnt judged correctly in the fairness scheme of things.

It used to be the top 50% ish teams advanced to finals. Then with the split divisions, they decided that within the two split divisions, they would take the top 60% (The extra 10% was used, Im assuming, to account for any biases, etc) Anyway - Even with that being said, Group B last year in the Small Limited division had much higher scores then Group A. Some of the teams in Group B that didnt advance to finals (missing the 60% cut off) were still within the top 50% scores if they would have combined the divisions.

I am assuming, with that being said, that the reason they are doing something different, is because, IMO, what they did last year wasnt working, at least not fairly - So they are trying a new tactic - Trial and Error I think you call it.

I really do like the idea of Trials. It will weed out some teams that might not be easy on the eyes to watch, and will make Prelims and Finals consist of teams that TRUELY belong in Prelims. Looking at this from an athletes point of view, competing three times is a lot in a weekend, and from what I heard from the international teams that had to do trials last year, I think someone said in another post, that Top Gun International had to compete twice within under 2 hours of each other. That can really take a toll on someones body - Getting warm, competing, getting cold, warm again, and competeing.

I really think that I would more so like the idea of how NCA College Nationals does there Prelims to finals. You compete in Prelims and try to make the top 50% to move on to Finals. Whoever doesnt make the Top 50% goes and competes in the Challenge Cup. The winner of the Challenge Cuo moves to finals. Beings Worlds would probably have a lot more teams competing in the Challenge Cup then NCA (I think NCA only probabaly has like 10-12 teams in a Challnege cup AT MOST) The Worlds Challenge Cup could take like the top 5 or 10% placing teams into finals. That way everyone will get to compete twice - With another chance to prove themselves (incase a REALLY GOOD TEAM just falls apart in Prelims, it will give them a chance to make finals - If you cant prove yourself out of two performances, IMO, you SHOULD be left out of Finals)

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Ok thanks! I do like your last idea:)

I've heard about many judges and directors of this competition making some very rude remarks to athletes and coaches faces. From what i have heard, the competition was very poorly run. Not so much the judging aspect of it but the attitude and vibe that came off from the event producers and workers.
congratulations to everyone who got a bid! ya'll deserved it!

I have a few questions and point of concerns after watching Allstar Rebels and some of the other teams from this competition.

I dont think you can argue 'execution' won it for Allstar Rebels. Their stunts stayed up, and they didnt have numerous touchdowns. However, their execution on their skills that DID HIT were not that great. They only had four stunts and one of them didnt even do any of the elite entry things. Their kick doubles werent executioned well. They had several fulls thrown that were scary. There stunts stayed up, but they werent stable. It didnt look like they had majority jumps to back.

There were other teams there, that didnt hit as well that should have scored higher then them regardless because their tumbling was executed well, etc.

Are judges saying that they woudl rather see jank tumbling that lands over very high execution on skills with a touch down? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

With the new way Worlds is set up, Allstar Rebels will AUTOMATICALLY make it to Prelims... That is CRAZY!

Congrats to Allstar Rebels for hitting, and being rewarded. I am not question the coaches, athletes, or anyone affiliated with the gym. I am simply making observations about theiur routine and questioning the judges and the competition company. Please no one from Allstar rebels think I am bashing, just trying to understand and using your routine to point out what you did vs others I think is fair. I want to discuss!!!

I have a few questions and point of concerns after watching Allstar Rebels and some of the other teams from this competition.

I dont think you can argue 'execution' won it for Allstar Rebels. Their stunts stayed up, and they didnt have numerous touchdowns. However, their execution on their skills that DID HIT were not that great. They only had four stunts and one of them didnt even do any of the elite entry things. Their kick doubles werent executioned well. They had several fulls thrown that were scary. There stunts stayed up, but they werent stable. It didnt look like they had majority jumps to back.

There were other teams there, that didnt hit as well that should have scored higher then them regardless because their tumbling was executed well, etc.

Are judges saying that they woudl rather see jank tumbling that lands over very high execution on skills with a touch down? WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

With the new way Worlds is set up, Allstar Rebels will AUTOMATICALLY make it to Prelims... That is CRAZY!

Congrats to Allstar Rebels for hitting, and being rewarded. I am not question the coaches, athletes, or anyone affiliated with the gym. I am simply making observations about theiur routine and questioning the judges and the competition company. Please no one from Allstar rebels think I am bashing, just trying to understand and using your routine to point out what you did vs others I think is fair. I want to discuss!!!

I agree with your assesment. Rebels hit stunts but the difficulty was not there. Also noticed that only about 9 of the 20 did jumps to tuck. The back two rows did tuck jumps. There should be some uniform judging standards. So now ICC Inspire who received an at large bid at WSF will have to go to prelims where Rebels will not. Inspire is amazing. Also Green Bay Elite Pink had some amazingly difficult skills and will be at prelims as well unless both get a paid later on down the road. Hopefully some more uniform guidelines or rules can be formulated so all teams at all competitions awarding Worlds bids are judge by the same standards.

I really think if you're giving bids to worlds it would be in the best interest of the company to use a worlds score sheet for judging.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l1hhrkDBeY&feature=recentf --- HEAT at Kalahari.

Sloppy--- but only two mistakes. Not suprised they looked kind of sloppy though. One of their flyers hurt her ankle so they had to put one of the girls that was basing in as a flyer. The last pass looks like she puts her hands down but you can't see in the video she really doesn't.

In my opinion--they were the best team at the entire competition. They throw more skills than any other team in the division that was there. They do five stunts that all one and a quarter to the scale... invert from the top, and then tick tock...(The tick tocks didn't look very clean and one fell, but obviously they weren't the only team to fall). They throw 3 standing to doubles (one a whip double), 6 or 7 running doubles, and a pyramid with 7 level 5 elements and a level appropriate dismount. They looked awesome this weekend---and made history by being the first team from Wisconsin to get a full paid bid. During awards all their parents were crying, it was so sweet. Congratulations HEAT!

Heat absolutely deserved the bid, and I hope they realize that. I saw them twice walking around and told them all that they deserved a paid bid and that they looked amazing this weekend. I was pleasantly surprised to see them genuinely thank me for saying it. There was another team that I was extremely excited to see, and told them I was a big fan of their routine, and I got a couple dirty looks and a "Thanks....". So Heat definitely has a fan for years to come!

I just rewatched Heat Athletics Small Senior - They WITHOUT A DOUBT deserved a paid bid. How they TIED Allstar Rebels is a mystery. It was like Night and Day....

My daughter heard them with her own ears. So did a number of girls on her squad. Additionally, girls from another team reported it as well.

They were actually directed to her and her teamamtes in the practice room by Rebel kids.

Twister's Elite definatley get most improved in my book. I dont think they were division appropriate last year. I feel like they really stepped it up this year and are in teh correct division. I saw them at WSF and remember thinking they will do good this year! Cant wait to see you guys at CSG!

Bid order
Allstar Rebels
Heat Athletics
Cheer Alliance
Twisters Elite
Cheer Commaned
Greenbay Elite
Ultimate Athletics
Oklahoma twisters
Indiana Ultimate
Speed Athletics
Ultimate Fusion Athletics
Hollywood Allstars
Iowa Allstars
Iowa Allstar
CIA
Champions Allstars
Planet Spirit
Nebraska Allstar
5 star elite
Allstar Athletics
UCC allstars

Could not be prouder of my team!!!! First year as a level 5 and to hold thier own is the greatest christmas present i could ask for.
Great Job Rebels!!! We are proud to represent you!

Back