Y1 Stunting

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 3, 2014
We've just got the level rules to sweden, and I'm unsure about some things...

1. Is it okay to do tictocs in a one-based thighstand without a backspot?

2. Since you have to have braces in libs at prep level, can you have your backspot as the brace or do you have to have a complete other person/ a flyer?

I am not a coach or rules expert, but from what I understand the ticks would be legal, but a backspot cannot brace a one legged stunt at prep. The USASF pyramid rules say that a braver on the ground must be a separate person not involved with the stunt.

Tick tocks can be done without a back but they cannot release. The base must be holding a part of the flyer at all times. We did switch ups without a back with the base holding the flyer's hand the entire time.

2. Since you have to have braces in libs at prep level, can you have your backspot as the brace or do you have to have a complete other person/ a flyer?

I am not an expert on the rules ..

1. It is legal to do tic toc in a one based thigh stand without a backspot. I just believe the ankle has to be held.
2. I think you can just have your backspot as the brace.

I am not an expert on the rules ..

1. It is legal to do tic toc in a one based thigh stand without a backspot. I just believe the ankle has to be held.
2. I think you can just have your backspot as the brace.

Yup, it's legal. They just have to remain in contact, so you can get creative with what type of connection that is. My J1's had the flyer and base hold hands during the switch up.

Yup, it's legal. They just have to remain in contact, so you can get creative with what type of connection that is. My J1's had the flyer and base hold hands during the switch up.

I have two quick questions because I second guess myself (I'd hate to be the reason for my athletes getting a deduction) and I respect you. For level 1, if I have a prep level like being braced by a shoulder sit and another prep, are they allowed to tick tock? And in level 2, can they switch up (tick up whatever it's called) up to prep level lib if the backspot is connected on both ankles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two quick questions because I second guess myself (I'd hate to be the reason for my athletes getting a deduction) and I respect you. For level 1, if I have a prep level like being braced by a shoulder sit and another prep, are they allowed to tick tock? And in level 2, can they switch up (tick up whatever it's called) up to prep level lib if the backspot is connected on both ankles?

Yes! They are allowed to do that! All switching of legs (switch-ups, tic tocs etc) is allowed IF the backspot holds on to the ankles (no release moves in lv 1 and 2).
Hope i helped! (Coached lv 1 last year and lv 2 this year)

2: no, you need to have a seperate person bracing. You can email scf (swedish cheer federation) a video and ask if you're uncertain, they reply quickly! (Fellow sweed here)

Well thank you. :)

@ulta is correct. Level 1 you can "tick tock" without the release move. Have the backspot maintain contact with one of the ankles and the bracer remain in contact with the hands. No release moves allowed in Level 1, so it still scores as a L1 pyramid skill.

As for the second skill, it's definitely legal if the back spot maintains contact with an ankle, just like you would a fake L2 switch up stunt. However, I think that would probably not score towards a L2 pyramid score because it's a legal level 1 skill when part of a pyramid. Maybe consider switching up to an extended lib. As long as you're braced on the ankle (back spot) and by the prep level bracer, that should be legal. Another option is to have all of your groups switch up to paper doll libs. The connected libs is a level 2 pyramid structure.

Well thank you. :)

@ulta is correct. Level 1 you can "tick tock" without the release move. Have the backspot maintain contact with one of the ankles and the bracer remain in contact with the hands. No release moves allowed in Level 1, so it still scores as a L1 pyramid skill.

As for the second skill, it's definitely legal if the back spot maintains contact with an ankle, just like you would a fake L2 switch up stunt. However, I think that would probably not score towards a L2 pyramid score because it's a legal level 1 skill when part of a pyramid. Maybe consider switching up to an extended lib. As long as you're braced on the ankle (back spot) and by the prep level bracer, that should be legal. Another option is to have all of your groups switch up to paper doll libs. The connected libs is a level 2 pyramid structure.

Thank you to you and @ulta! I forgot to mention that the backspot is connected in the pyramid to the ankle in the tick tocks. And the tick ups are for my youth 2's stunt sequence (hopefully [emoji16]) and they paper doll in their pyramid as well!

Thank you to you and @ulta! I forgot to mention that the backspot is connected in the pyramid to the ankle in the tick tocks. And the tick ups are for my youth 2's stunt sequence (hopefully [emoji16]) and they paper doll in their pyramid as well!

Ahh, it's a definite L2 stunting skill. :) You can even 1/2 up the switch ups.

Back