All-Star Y5s This Season?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

oncecoolcoachnowmom

Bestest Newbie '14
Mar 2, 2014
Out of curiousity, who has a Y5 this season?

Is it just CEA, World Cup, and ECE this year? @littlestALLSTAR @DropAndRun

I know MD Twisters had a rather successful one last season. Still a thing?

Am I missing anyone?

(Not wanting to start any random Y5 debate here. I think every level/age fills a need even if very few competitors. Just asking about teams.)

Out of curiousity, who has a Y5 this season?

Is it just CEA, World Cup, and ECE this year?

I know MD Twisters had a rather successful one last season. Still a thing?

Am I missing anyone?

(Not wanting to start any random Y5 debate here. I think every level/age fills a need even if very few competitors. Just asking about teams.)
Just CEA and World Cup. No ECE.

I noticed the uptick in J5s and J5Rs and figured gyms must be going that route.

Do we know who all has Y4? I know Cheer Athletics had/has one, as does a CEA location, WE, and maybe Rays?

I noticed the uptick in J5s and J5Rs and figured gyms must be going that route.

Do we know who all has Y4? I know Cheer Athletics had/has one, as does a CEA location, WE, and maybe Rays?
No Cheer Athletics this year, or Rays.
The ones I have seen are: CAO Elite, State All Stars, Cheers & More, Legion of Allstars, Woodlands Elite, Prodigy All Stars, Cheer Extreme

Now these are pretty much just teams that have gotten Summit bids, there are likely more out there.

The only other Y4 I have found are:
Rockstar Atlanta East & Legends Cheer Academy
Plus 2 in Canada - Cheer Sport Sharks & Academy of Cheer but these 2 teams are on opposite sides of the country and will likely never meet.

Any more???

-edited to add these are Y4 teams

Last edited:
The only others I have found are:
Plus 2 in Canada - Cheer Sport Sharks & Academy of Cheer but these 2 teams are on opposite sides of the country and will likely never meet.

Any more???

Cheer Sport White Cheeks are currently youth 4! They went down from 5 during the 16-17 season

I don't think Academy of Cheer has a Y4 if it's the one in BC. It's not very common to see Y3 teams out here, even.
(I tried to find results from last year's Sea to Sky competition, and all I found was a letter saying they've merged with Varsity...)

That team I found on their website under teams for 2017-18, maybe that was just their wish list of teams :(
Let me know if you see them other wise Cheeky Sharks are the only Canadian Youth team above 3 on my list. (Unless there is one hidden in Quebec...)

The only other Y4 I have found are:

Any more???

-edited to add these are Y4 teams

Not 100% sure but Sparks de Valleyfield (I think that's their full gym name?) may have one? They had one last season and I heard that they do this year, but nothing confirmed.

ETA: I heard that this is the last season Y5 will even be a division. I don't remember where I originally heard it, but what I heard is that there will be a rule next year that youth divisions may only go up to level 4.

Not 100% sure but Sparks de Valleyfield (I think that's their full gym name?) may have one? They had one last season and I heard that they do this year, but nothing confirmed.

ETA: I heard that this is the last season Y5 will even be a division. I don't remember where I originally heard it, but what I heard is that there will be a rule next year that youth divisions may only go up to level 4.

Sparks - if they were around, i would have thought they would have gone to Cheer 4 the Cure but werent. Hoping maybe Canadian Nationals.

I have only seen 2 or 3 Y5 from my browsings :(

Back