All-Star Yella Ribbon Bows

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

..I also had a good experience with Yella... I've ordered bows and practice wear from them for my sister and niece in the past... But in August 2011 my mom had a house fire...my sister loss her high school cheer bow in the fire (uniforms as well) and I emailed Yella Ribbon asking if I could quickly buy one for her Friday night football game... Yella Ribbon sent it for free and I'm pretty sure it was overnighted (but we do live close so maybe not)...

but anyway..sorry for your experience and I hope it can be fixed

GIIIIIIIRRRRRLLLLLLL... don't even get me started. I just posted on the parents side a couple weeks ago about my CP's Yella Ribbon bow. I bought it new, last year, part of the uniform. One of those pretty bows that is 1/2 rhinestones, and has the gym name on the other side. ALL of the glue holding the layers together has hardened & broke, thus the layers are coming apart. SADLY disappointed for $25. Won't stand up straight, but I refuse to buy another one. However, I will say we do have another bow from them that is fine. But it is just layered grosgrain. My CP's have many cheer bows, much cheaper, from lesser-known bow makers. All of them are the fabric ones, all have been worn way more that her uni bow, and they look great.

I tried to link to the bow we have, but my AVG antivirus software detected a threat on her page and wouldn't grant me access :eek:

We paid $25 for yella bows through the gym 4 years ago at our old gym. The fabric frayed. My daughter approached the owner at Worlds with her fraying bow and she looked at it and told her to have her mom buy some fray check. Those bows were supposed to last 3 seasons and that was the first season.

True story.

I usually have great expirences with yella, and i had ordered at least 15 bows and was in the bow of the month club... but last year when i ordered one of the tic-tock bows with the team name on the other side, it wasn't at all what i had ordered... i ordered navy on the left side, and light blue on the right side. I specifically made sure i was ordering right, because on the navy side i had them put HVA in light blue rhinestones. If you're a bow maker i personally think it would be common sense that someone would not put light blue rhinestones on the light blue side... right? ...wrong. it is a pretty bow, but it came in the box squished, and theres really no way to fix it since it was pressed down for quite a while. It was also opposite... and when i emailed them about it they said it was how i ordered it and there was nothing that they could do... then i too checked my conformation email and it had it the way that i ordered it, and i sent hem an email with my conformation email forwarded and i never heard back. i don't think i would have been as upset if it was a 10$ bow, but spending 26+ 8$ for shipping is a little much for them to have messed up... since that expirence i haven't ordered from them and i find other, smaller bow companies to have a much higher quality in their bows and better customer service.

GIIIIIIIRRRRRLLLLLLL... don't even get me started. I just posted on the parents side a couple weeks ago about my CP's Yella Ribbon bow. I bought it new, last year, part of the uniform. One of those pretty bows that is 1/2 rhinestones, and has the gym name on the other side. ALL of the glue holding the layers together has hardened & broke, thus the layers are coming apart. SADLY disappointed for $25. Won't stand up straight, but I refuse to buy another one.

That same thing happened to me! Do you know any way to fix it or why they did that, it makes them very crunchy and you cant shape them! :(

i don't think i would have been as upset if it was a 10$ bow, but spending 26+ 8$ for shipping is a little much for them to have messed up... .

Does anyone know why their shipping is always so expensive? I always want to order a few little things, but like you said almost $10 shipping on a $25 bow is crazy, when we all know they weigh like .8 ounces! Even just for a few iron-ons I wanted to order just stick 'em in USPS for $1.00!

TheUltimateFan HELP I need you to post that really great Sweet Tea Emoticon....hurry! I can't get it to post and I have been waiting for just the right time...it's now!
sweetteasmall.gif

Wasn't Yella Ribbon a blocked phrase here for awhile? There was some big dispute or something.
There was a translator - if you typed in Yella Ribbon it changed it to something like "Name that Should Not be Mentioned" or similar to that. There were some heated conversations here that got pretty nasty as board members started to speak out about experiences with low quality and no customer service (at that time).

When the confrontations started showing up in the stands at competitions is when things really blew. Based on the positive feedback in here, it sounds like some good might have come from that experience. :)

That same thing happened to me! Do you know any way to fix it or why they did that, it makes them very crunchy and you cant shape them! :(

Nope. My neighbor hit some spots for me with a hot glue gun. Seriously, the way the glue dried makes it looks like they used Elmer's glue to hold it together. Or Aileen's Tacky Glue. I always (falsely) assumed bows were made with spray adhesive.

Does anyone know why their shipping is always so expensive? I always want to order a few little things, but like you said almost $10 shipping on a $25 bow is crazy, when we all know they weigh like .8 ounces! Even just for a few iron-ons I wanted to order just stick 'em in USPS for $1.00!
because she uses UPS instead USPS becuase it is more reliable. I have had many problems with USPS but my customers order from me because of my price and shipping. I understand why she does it. The box is part of the weight. One bow in a box weighs 4 or 5 ounces.

Nope. My neighbor hit some spots for me with a hot glue gun. Seriously, the way the glue dried makes it looks like they used Elmer's glue to hold it together. Or Aileen's Tacky Glue. I always (falsely) assumed bows were made with spray adhesive.
I think it is iron on adhesive.

Back