OT Yik Yak

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

krystynakrez

CheeringWonka
Jul 4, 2010
Has anyone on here heard of the app Yik Yak? I know around my campus it's huge with greek life and the things said on there are rather atrocious if you ask me...

I was wondering if it's big in the younger high school/middle school setting or even cheerleading competitions.

FYI:
Yik Yak is basically an anonymous feed of things posted in your area.
It's like sending a tweet but with no name or exact location attached, just a general area.

I've heard of it and pray it doesn't get to my kids' school! Ask is bad enough. I can only imagine this in the hands of prepubescent kids or young teens.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Only the 500 closest members within the area you posted it will be able to see it... so it really all depends where you are in town. I would suggest if you're driving by a high school to refresh the app and see if anything comes up. You'll be surprised.

Never heard of it before, must not be too popular in Wisconsin.

I downloaded it out of curiosity, as I've never heard of it before. I live pretty close to my high school and kinda near a local university. Only 3-4 posts from near the high school and the rest were about the local university.

ETA: lasted like 10 minutes and I deleted it

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Just seems like yet another way to say everything and anything while staying hidden behind a screen. How could this bring anything good :confused: ?

Downloaded it to see. No one here has it yet.

Gag.

Why can't these creative types invent cupcakes without calories?

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?
You can only imagine what's being said about SAE here after that pledging pull from nationals..

Back