OT Yik Yak

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Never heard of it before, must not be too popular in Wisconsin.

I just downloaded it, and it's definitely not popular in my area since every single post I get is in English. However, one of them was "Hello Wisconsin" from 10 weeks ago (it got answers from the UK and Finland so indeed, doesn't seem too popular yet in that area !).

And after trying it for a couple minutes, it just confirms my initial opinion of this app. It's just an opportunity to say stupid/hurtful/obscene/useless/whatever-you-want-to-call-it stuff knowing they won't have any consequences to handle.

It's possible to increase the number of recipients for each message (1$ for 1,000; 2$ for 2,500; 5$ for 10,000). Yay ! A faster way to start rumors on a grand scale :rolleyes:.

Lol I heard it's raging down there too ... as well as a few other things hahaha

Well she isn't raging because shes mad at everyone and the world and the girls shes with and the air shes breathing and shes going to pack up and leave and shes currently packing (this was when my dad called me at work around 2 with this crap)

I wish she was somewhere raging...assuming raging is respectable and doesn't involve alcohol... but me thinks that's not the case.....I'm really too young to be feeling this old...

I just downloaded it, and it's definitely not popular in my area since every single post I get is in English. However, one of them was "Hello Wisconsin" from 10 weeks ago (it got answers from the UK and Finland so indeed, doesn't seem too popular yet in that area !).

And after trying it for a couple minutes, it just confirms my initial opinion of this app. It's just an opportunity to say stupid/hurtful/obscene/useless/whatever-you-want-to-call-it stuff knowing they won't have any consequences to handle.

It's possible to increase the number of recipients for each message (1$ for 1,000; 2$ for 2,500; 5$ for 10,000). Yay ! A faster way to start rumors on a grand scale :rolleyes:.
Agreed. It's just gonna be a easier way to bully people. Hmmm don't they say Hello Wisconsin at the end of the That 70's Show intro? Not sure if you guys have that show lol.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Agreed. It's just gonna be a easier way to bully people. Hmmm don't they say Hello Wisconsin at the end of the That 70's Show intro? Not sure if you guys have that show lol.

We do, but I've never watched it though so I wouldn't know (I think it airs on channels I don't get), but the post was actually "Hello Wisconsin and/or Northern Illinois" (I was just too lazy to type the whole thing at the time which was pointless because I just did :D), so I don't think it was a reference to the show.

You can only imagine what's being said about SAE here after that pledging pull from nationals..

I'm sure.

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?

We do, but I've never watched it though so I wouldn't know (I think it airs on channels I don't get), but the post was actually "Hello Wisconsin and/or Northern Illinois" (I was just too lazy to type the whole thing at the time which was pointless because I just did :D), so I don't think it was a reference to the show.
Hahah then you're probably right, not a reference to the show!

Downloaded it to check it out. Hasn't seem to hit Northern California that much. I was less than a mile away from a state university and nothing popped up really. Expanding my area I got a few from UC Berkley students but it wasn't too awful. Looking at the top ones of all time, they seem to be mainly from the south. A lot of USC, Ole Miss, Clemson, Georgia posts. And then I deleted it. I don't think much good can come from it.

The app "Gossup" was a very small thing at my school. It sounds like the exact same thing. My friend made me download it and it was just kinda dumb. Some posts about Greek life, finals, professors, girls, etc. I looked at it once and never bothered to open it again.

just downloaded it out of curiosity. really disappointed. one "yak" was "i hate black people". i really hope this app doesn't get popular.

pittsburgh poison is comin through your area, causin mass hysteria!

I live right across from a high school and about 35 minutes from the Tampa and St Pete campuses of USF and don't get anything. But looking at the top yaks, it looks like it's mainly among Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama schools.
The app kind of reminds me of the 'College Confessions' twitter...

I live right across from a high school and about 35 minutes from the Tampa and St Pete campuses of USF and don't get anything. But looking at the top yaks, it looks like it's mainly among Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama schools.
The app kind of reminds me of the 'College Confessions' twitter...
We have a confessions Facebook page. Always interesting to read. I'll have to tryout this app when I go back up to school tonight to cheer at a game. Do you have to make an account for it or anything?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back