All-Star You Know You Are Cheer Comp Tired

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not same as totally cheer tired but:

I was once so over comp weekend food that I had driven home, gone to work my full day, then stopped at the store for groceries on the way home from work (after an entire weekend of coaching) because I could not stomach another take out meal/pizza/pretzel/chicken finger.

We must. Have. Vegetables.

Chicken tenders aren’t vegetables?

You know you are comp tired when you and hubby are dropping off one of the cars for your son to use to come home from work, and hubby takes off in his car to drop it off and you sit in the driveway waiting for him to get in your car but you were actually supposed to follow him and bring him back home. So he sits at your son's job wondering why you havent come to pick him up while you are sitting in your car at home wondering what's taking him so long to get in the car. And if my sentences dont make sense, it's because I'm cheer comp tired lol.

I literally cannot believe some teams/programs did Cheersport, NCA, and UCA back to back to back this year. How did people survive that?!

SEE ALSO: Whose job and child's school allows them to miss that many days?

If you're the person who always plans to be back for Monday work/school then it's not bad (3 comps = 3 days, or less if you can swing leaving after school or doing a half day.)

But I don't know how you're managing if you're that parent who lets kids miss school the Friday AND THE Monday of comp weekends. For basically what is a whole month.

And it can be next to impossible to get flight schedules that avoid needing to miss school. Not to mention teams that schedule practice on Friday at big comps.

^^^Hate those because they basically force you into an early flight or a late night drive home. From a coaching perspective, I know school is important but I have never liked kids or parents trying to leave an event and drive that late for safety reasons. I also know that work does not care if your kid had a late comp the night before, so you have to get back. Sigh.

Back