All-Star You Might Be A Crazy Cheer Mom If...... (confession Time)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I didn't know they were in pageants. I have former pageant kiddo nieces (natural pageants.) It will be interesting to see how long her kids stay doing pageants. Generally speaking, it burns kids out and they tend to quit around like 9/10/11 to do other things. That's why the 0-2, 3-5, 6-8 age groups are PACKED and there are not a ton of kids in the tween/teen groups. Kids are over it by the time they turn like, 10.

I find that there are a lot of pageant kids who also cheer (lower levels) but the older they get, they end up having to choose one over the other because it gets harder to do a ton of pageants and cheer at higher levels. Ex: You can't realistically be a "pageant every weekend" kid and cheer on a Worlds team.
They definitely still do pageants. My cp has been out of pageants for a few years, but we still are friends with a lot of them, so we kinda stay in the mix. All of Alisha's girls compete in pageants, though from the Facebook post, it looks like they slowed the pageant train way down. I believe it has something to do with Cass, because she 15 now and wants to do 15 year old stuff; they're also preparing her for the big leagues pageants and I know that stop 2-4 times a month pageant weekends, real quick. A lot of the CTR families go there because with the cheer schedule they make up, it still allows them to be hardcore pageant families. I've found that it's not as much as the kids are over it, especially if they truly love pageants, as much as you only have so much time and money. Speaking from my own experience, my cp loved and still loves pageants, but between school,cheer, dance, gymnastics, pageants, family time, time to be a normal kid and needing some downtime, we couldn't realistically keep up with it all; we had to cut things from our schedule. And as much as she loved gymnastics and pageants she cut them out, because she knew she with the way gymnastics was tearing up her body, probably wasn't going to reach elite level and with pageants she knew she could always go back. If there was more hours and the day, I seriously believe that the teen groups would be just as full.

I've wanted to do a pageant, but they aren't really a thing in Australia.
Pageants are one of those things, that you either love them or hater them and most nothing about the pageant world, besides Toddlers and Tiaras, so they automatically hate them. I knew nothing about pageants until my cp introduced me to them. At 3 almost 4, she saw a little mall pageant and begged to it. I was very against the whole idea of pageants, so I said no at first, but she continually kept asking for about 6-8 months until we said yes. After really seeing and being apart of the pageants world, my idea changed. But I don't think I would enter her in the now (if she was little and didn't know anything about them) because the way the pageant world has changed. It's kinda like Allstar in aspect:who can spend the most money and be the most competitive.

Adding to this old thread because I have a cheer confession....I am stalking my old gym. Is that bad? My daughter never looked back but I am following where they are competing, who they are against, how they place, the weather there etc. I think being a part of something for so long, living and breathing it and then being so cut off is not natural. So much happier where we are now and the experience is far better in every way but admit to being curious...

I mean I'm a year removed from my HS team and I'm still lurking the HS and all star scene. After all the years and time you put in it's not surprising that you haven't let go. Plus it's fun to see if teams change or win big competitions.

Adding to this old thread because I have a cheer confession....I am stalking my old gym. Is that bad? My daughter never looked back but I am following where they are competing, who they are against, how they place, the weather there etc. I think being a part of something for so long, living and breathing it and then being so cut off is not natural. So much happier where we are now and the experience is far better in every way but admit to being curious...

I do this too sometimes. But I'm not checking the weather so you're crazier! :p

After all the years and time you put in it's not surprising that you haven't let go.
Thanks for saying that, although I admit 70% of what I am curious about is the drama! One of the big reasons we left and why I guess I feel guilty keeping tabs on them.

But I'm not checking the weather so you're crazier!
There was a snowstorm last weekend and I was soo happy to not be driving through it!

Back