All-Star You Might Be A Crazy Cheer Mom If...... (confession Time)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And here I am: I'm pretty sure my parents don't even know what a prep is... Although, my dad calls kick doubles, spinny things. So that's a plus!:D

"WOW, I like it when they do those spinny things!:eek:"
My parents were never the crazy cheer parents to the extent that they were so invested they would kill to be apart of any parent activity involved with the team. My parents were the "we don't really want anything to do with cheerleading but we come because we drive our daughter" parents. However, this proved to be just as bad. As my parents did not like cheer they would intervene any time they felt I was being talked down to by the coach or pushed to do something I clearly wasn't capable of. One example would be my mum ended up having a full blown screaming match with my coach in the middle of practice because I'd hurt my neck with what turned out to be a whiplash injury the previous competition. My coach was still making me take part with the injury and when my mum found out she lost it. There was also another incident when I'd had a panic attack after messing up on stage due to what the coach had said before going on (I had only been recently diagnosed with anxiety disorder at the time and being told 'no mess ups or you'll pay for it later' must have set me off). My mum after finding out what happened was so mad that she had "a word" with the coach about it and to this day I don't know how bad the conversation was because I was never treated the same way again. The final straw on the crazy parent train was the fact that the assistant coach (who was my ex-coach's sister, aged 20 at the time and aiming comments towards a minor) openly mocked me for crying and behaving like an idiot and making the team look bad. I was also screamed at for something that wasn't my fault in a stunt and when I finally broke because of all the scrutiny I was getting my mum had had enough. Lets just say holy hell was released as both the coaches had been previously told I was suffering from anxiety and disregarded it. I was so close to being pulled from the team two weeks before a competition because of something out with my control. The only reason I stayed was because the money had been prepaid, if not I never would have set foot in the cheer world again.

You secretly video tape another parents discussion to get them and their CP kicked out of the program. ( not me by the way)

Tag your daughter's coaches in every FB post.

Create a cheer FB page for your CP

Have s pic of your daughter in her cheer uniform printed on a backpack and luggage.

Fly your CP to all of the famous gyms and sign her up in their summer, winter and spring programs.

Wear your CP cheer bow in your hair to every competition!!!!'

You secretly video tape another parents discussion to get them and their CP kicked out of the program. ( not me by the way)

Tag your daughter's coaches in every FB post.

Create a cheer FB page for your CP

Have s pic of your daughter in her cheer uniform printed on a backpack and luggage.

Fly your CP to all of the famous gyms and sign her up in their summer, winter and spring programs.

Wear your CP cheer bow in your hair to every competition!!!!'
This is making me think of Toddlers and Tiaras. Has anyone ever seen a promotional vehicle made for a kid in cheer (like some parents do for kids in pageants)?

This is making me think of Toddlers and Tiaras. Has anyone ever seen a promotional vehicle made for a kid in cheer (like some parents do for kids in pageants)?

Back when CP first started cheer (around 2004), there was a parent from a gym in TX who had one of those bus-sized RVs with the gym logo, CP's name, etc. that they took (and prominently parked) at every competition. I guess they saved on hotel costs and had a place to kick back during the comps?

Back when CP first started cheer (around 2004), there was a parent from a gym in TX who had one of those bus-sized RVs with the gym logo, CP's name, etc. that they took (and prominently parked) at every competition. I guess they saved on hotel costs and had a place to kick back during the comps?

That's intense, but inspiring. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of parents do that for football games at my oldest's school. Saves $ on hotels (which always have 2 night minimums and price gouging on football weekends) and gives them an all day place to tailgate before and after the game.

The door from the parent room to the gym floor has to be barricaded shut permanently to keep you from marching in and yelling at your child

You cuss out the coaches in the lobby in the middle of tryouts in front of hundreds of other parents after your special butterfly doesn’t get the level call back you thought she/he deserved

You cuss out (in the middle of a restaurant) the parents and young athletes of the team ahead of your team in scoring after day 1 ranting about why they didn’t deserve the score they received

True story, all of it.

You come on to any platform of social media and criticize every team in your kid's division while at the same time saying how amazing your kid's team is. In addition you argue about someone posting something that may relate to your kid's team even if it wasn't specifically about your kid's team.
True story as well.......

Back