OT You Might Be A Sm/sd If...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
...You are definitely a SM if you spent the entire day after the comp schedule is released, googling all the teams in your division and watching videos to determine how they'll score in comparison to your kid's team.

Susie[/QUOTE
I have to admit as an athlete I do look up who I am up against and look for videos as I want to be realistic because I new my coach would not be but I spent maybe an hour not the entire day

You believe that everything is urgent.

I have gotten the following emails marked with URGENT in the subject line before:

CHEER PICTURES - possible poses (urgent.)
Suzie's spot in the pyramid - URGENT!!!! (She just wanted clarification on why her daughter was center prep.)
Nails for pictures (URGENT PLS)
TRYOUT MEETING -URGENT (this one was actually two months prior to the meeting, so not urgent.)

Upon reading the emails, none of these things were even remotely urgent.

Bonus Suzie's mom points if you sent the same email AGAIN in the same day because the coach did not answer immediately. (I do respond to everyone within 48 hours, but that is at times not quick enough for Suzie's mom.

Sidenote: I wonder if that is somehow related to our fast-paced and "email to our smartphones" culture. People tend to know that we have access to email 24/7 and have gotten in the habit of expecting an immediate response (I see it with school parents too, not just cheer ones.)

Back