All-Star Your Last Year

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 31, 2010
To all of you who age out of seniors or parents of cheerleaders who are ageing out...Just one question. WHAT am I going to DO? lol How badly will I miss it? I, for one, can't imagine not doing this anymore. Been following my cp around the country for YEARS, cheering, crying, sharing. Cheer season is going to be tough next year :( How did you handle it?

Gotta be honest...it's absolutely horrible. Especially for those who have been doing it literally their entire life. I cheered since I was 5...I had an absolute mental breakdown backstage on day 2 of worlds my last year...things have never been the same since. Your daughter will find something I'm sure...I just have a hard time coping. But there's always college cheer, or maybe even assisting coaching, and visiting old friends who are still on the team. It's tough but it's gotta happen sometime.

next year is my last year I have been doing cheer my whole life. I dont want it to end that is all I have ever know. Get home from school do a little bit of homework grab a snack go to gym get home late eat dinner more homework shower then bed same thing every day. I dont know what I am going to do when that will not be my daily routine.It is so sad but then again I am ready to "grow up" and go to college.

It's really hard at first. It does get easier, but you will ALWAYS miss it. I think the hardest part for me is looking on my news feed and seeing how much fun my old team mates are having, just cuz you know you could be right there with them if it weren't for your age. If it's possible, enroll in tumbling classes or stunt privates, it will help with those "urges" to cheer. Go to competitions and support the new teams in your gym, they will definitely appreciate it. I agree that assistant coach or helping out at the gym might be a good idea, it will keep you connected to cheer even though you are not on the team anymore.

next year is my last year I have been doing cheer my whole life. I dont want it to end that is all I have ever know. Get home from school do a little bit of homework grab a snack go to gym get home late eat dinner more homework shower then bed same thing every day. I dont know what I am going to do when that will not be my daily routine.It is so sad but then again I am ready to "grow up" and go to college.

It's tough adjusting to a new schedule that doesn't revolve around cheer. When I graduated, I found that I had so much time on my hands, I actually really hated it. It showed how much of my life was spent on cheer.

It's tough adjusting to a new schedule that doesn't revolve around cheer. When I graduated, I found that I had so much time on my hands, I actually really hated it. It showed how much of my life was spent on cheer.

tell me about it we got alot of snow this week and I have not been able to go the gym at all and that was only for 4 days. I cant imagine not going for good, but the good thing is I help with the little cheerleaders. So I guess I will never be away from it for good.

It willl be a long rough road... that road led me to do Open... hahaha. I cried every day after worlds for a month (no exaggeration, i promise you, it was quite pathetic!) My mom, although seemed fine at the time, has gotten so back into cheer again, I don't know if she'll be able to deal when i'm finally done either. GOod Luck! :)

This is my last year and I am dreading Dallas and Worlds. Worlds especially because it will be my last competition... Whenever I think about it I get sick to my stomach because I have been cheering since I was 4. Sometimes when I am sick of all the practices I think yes only 4 months!!! but then on the opposite end of the spectrum I think wow only 4 months until my cheerleading career is over :/

I've been telling myself that this is my last year for the past 3...and i'm finally coming to the realization that if i don't stop now, i'm going to seriously hurt myself. i have so many lasting injuries that i just can't keep going. every last competition of the season (i always decide a month or so into summer to keep it up) i just get the most awful feeling thinking it's over.
the other night i called my mom after practice and cried to her the whole way home because i'm realizing how i really do need to be done.
i know i'm going to be miserable, because as much as i hate cheering at times, my life revolves around it. but i have enough friends that are still involved that i can keep going to support them. and there's always fierceboard & cheerlibrary to keep me updated and entertained with the cheer world news :)

im planning on (hopefully) cheering in college!! While it wont be at hpu or kentucky, i still want to continue my cheer career. college cheerleading is just SO different than all stars or even high school... but it seems like an amazing and worthwhile experience! i may even try to coach some of the little ones and motivate them to keep cheering until theyre my age :) i dont like having a lot of down time... im always busy!!! cheer has always kept me busy and provided me with so many amazing oppourtunities. i dont know exactly what i will do yet... when the time comes we will see :)

My CP finished last year. I miss it and I miss the time spent with her (cheering, crying, sharing). To make it worse she is my only girl and she is now away at college, so I not only miss cheer, I miss her! So take extra time to embrace all of those moments one more time this year. We still follow all our favorite teams whenever we get a chance. We both watched the Jamfest stream and chatted online the entire time. We will probably do the same for Cheersport and NCA. I think it is something we will always enjoy together :)

I picked out colleges based on whether or not I could go IO5. I couldnt not cheer.

But after last comp senior year, Im gonna break down. No doubt.
Especially since itll be my first time at worlds :(

Calling all SENIORS! USASF College Scholarship Applications are due by February 15, 2011.

The USASF (United States All Star Federation) encourages the positive life benefits of all-star cheerleading and dance that stay with an all-star cheerleader or dancer as they pursue their future. High school seniors who have been involved in all-star cheerleading and dance and are pursuing a higher education, may apply for this scholarship to assist the start o...f their new lives. The USASF believes that continued effects of the character, sportsmanship, work ethic and teamwork shall follow all-star cheerleaders and dancers in their education endeavors. The purpose of this program is to support and guide dedicated and talented athletes through this transition. As well as recognize the hard work and efforts that have developed success for them to this point.

The USASF’s mission in maximizing the number of participants benefiting from the positive life benefits in all-star cheerleading and dance, supports athlete’s around the world. The College Scholarship Program provides athletes support in applying these benefits to an accredited College/University Degree. The athlete can contribute to the community around her and pursue an education with aid and encouragement.

Description of Award:

The USASF/IASF Scholarship Fund was established in 2008. This scholarship was designed to recognize and reward outstanding All-Star Cheerleaders and Dancers by providing financial assistance in furthering their college education. This scholarship is open to any College/University bound senior who participates with any USASF member gym/program. In addition, applicants must be a USASF ATHLETE MEMBER as of December 1, 2010.

Applicants must be planning to attend an accredited College/University as a full-time student. Along with their application, they must submit 1) an essay of 350 words or less (requirements below) 2) High School transcripts 3) a recent cheerleading/dance picture highlighting your athletic look (no team attire) 4) a performance DVD (requirements below), 5) a completed USASF Recommendation Form from your All-Star Cheer Coach; 6) a completed USASF Recommendation Form from your All-Star gym owner/program director. Please note that these are the ONLY acceptable letters of recommendation and BOTH are required.

Essay Requirements (do not mention your name or your gym/program name in your essay): 25 point category Essay must be typed in Microsoft Word and emailed to [email protected]. In addition, it must also be included in your completed packet to be mailed. Please address ALL bullet points listed below in 350 words or less.

• Why are you going to an accredited College/University?

• What do you plan to study?

• How has your participation in all-star cheerleading or dance helped your personal development?

• How do you plan to give back to your community after completing your education?

• How have you helped promote good sportsmanship in our sport?

• What specifically makes a good role model?

• List three of the biggest challenges to image of cheerleading or dance in our society.

• Formulate a three step program for improving the image of cheerleading or dance nationwide that you would recommend to industry leaders.

• List several suggestions you feel could help improve the all star industry.

• Describe any unusual challenges or financial hardships you face in continuing your education.

ALL items listed above MUST be addressed in a well-written essay and all directions followed in order to be considered as a USASF College Scholarship Applicant.

Performance Cheer DVD Requirements: 25 point category

Must be 90 seconds in length

Must include 4 8-count motion sequence (words are not required)

Must include jumps, tumbling & dance (only skills will be judged; choreography and music will not be judged)

Performance Dance DVD Requirements: 25 point category

Must be 90 seconds in length

Must include: leaps, turns, and any additional elements that applicant excels in; would recommend the applicants strongest style for their routine.

25% Essay

25% Performance DVD

20% Coaches Recommendations

20% Gym Involvement (Volunteer work within your program)

10% Academics

Finalists:

The top 10 will be required to attend a final interview at Worlds which will determine the placement of the applicants. The interview will start at 11:00AM on Friday of Worlds (April 29, 2011). Please book your flight accordingly as you MUST be interview ready at this time. Scholarship applications are due no later than February 15, 2011 and Finalist will be notified by March 15, 2011. Winners will be presented at the USASF VIP Reception the evening of April 29, 2011. Duration will be one year. Funds are sent to recipient's College/University to be used for any reasonable cost related to working on a degree.

Please see College Scholarship application for more detailed instructions.

http://iasfworlds.org.ismmedia.com/ISM2/Files /FORMS /SCHOLARSHIP application-USASF.pdf
See More

Latest posts

Back