All-Star Your Top 3 Favorite Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

catlady

Cheer Parent
Jun 6, 2012
List your top 3 favorite competitions and why they made your list.

We don't go to any of the "BIG" competitions and our favorites are probably ones no one else has really heard of.

State Fair Spirit Classic - The Sportsmanship can't be beat! The kids always have a blast and there are action shots available. Doesn't sound like a big thing, but the kids love being able to go back and see the pictures from their routine and as an owner/coach, so do I because I'm living in the moment while they're on the mat and don't have time to be taking pics.

Rockstar Cheer and Dance Championships - Runs on time!! Great participant awards for the kids and it's the only competition we do with all the bells and whistles of stage lighting, etc. Again, the kids loved it.

The rest we've attended have been eh. Not really impressed with the conglomerate events we've been to.

Last edited:
1. Any GLCC competition. They always run on time, admission is typically free, parking is usually free too. The awards are done pretty efficiently and there's a V.I.P section for families.

2. LIVE! - The atmosphere is incredible there. They make you feel so important and the feeling of winning that comp is so awesome. The way it's done is great.

3. COA Indy- ran great. admission was cheap, awards were quick, judging was good too. We got some really good critique on the score sheets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In no particular order because I can't decide:
1. Cheersport Atlanta
-Always perfectly on time, great and quick food all around the venue, friday practice times available. Also, it is just so fun to be there. The atmosphere is great and I love the level 5 leather jackets. After winning one, I felt like a million bucks.

2. Summit
- This is just a given because it is Disney, they have great services for athletes, coaches and parents. Plus competing on a stage that I have been admiring from the computer screen for many years now was a great experience. The only negative was the temperature, but what can you do.

3. Any Columbus, OH competition. My team typically goes to 2-3 Cbus comps each year. The convention center is always clean, and has a great food court. And for some reason, the stages are always fantastic. The main reason Cbus is on my list is because athletes are always in close hotels, and it is just fun to hang out with your friends and not have to drive to a hotel 4 miles away. The sportsmanship at these competitions is always great too, because it is mainly all Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Michigan gyms who have athletes that are close friends.

1. One up - We went both in ATL and in Nashville. Both times it was run really well. Scoring was on point. Staff was very accommodating. I enjoyed Nashville more than Atlanta but Atlanta was still nice and had a ton to do.

2. Reach the beach - fun end of the year comp. in the past it was run well and had a good staff. Its in a nice area with many hotels and restaurants for all price ranges.

3. Uca - mainly because I love having a comp in Disney. It's always run well although sometimes I believe scoring is very questionable. Overall a good competition

The comps are in the UK but oh well
1) Legacy Dream extreme - This was a first year EP last year and the comp was amazing. The owner were form the US and made all the athletes and coaches feel important to them. The staff were friendly and were saying lively things like good luck and you can do it. Also the venue was the same as a different EP comp the months previous and they took on what went wrong there and made sure the same things didn't happen.

FC Internationals 2015- 2016 was a disaster for me but the 2015 comp was amazing. Lots of big teams to compete agaibst and the vibe was good. In 2o16 it was awesome to see some Canadian teams there

3) Cheersport Wales- It is a nicely run very small competition. Good place to test routines before FC

I got to say these were my favorite events -

1. UCA - I love the site - Disney and being able to visit and see a lot of teams, including the International teams too. The weather is also the best too.

2. NCA - I love this event, mostly for the huge crowds and the opportunity to see so many teams in one place...Hate the filth and food, but the those jackets and trophies (trinkets) make up for the inconvenience.

3. One-Up - Nashville
I absolutely loved this event for the staff, the scoring was quite fair and I like how the event had the immediate gratification the athletes received having the top scoring team placed on the stage.

Tie 3- JamLive - I really enjoyed this event and the setup is similar to One-Up. I like how the athletes are introduced and walked to the stage accompanied by bodyguards. Scoring seemed to be fair too. I think this event was free too.

I'll (most likely) be there this season for the first time! What's the problem w/ it?

1) Jammy...thank Gawd the last Jamfest event I went to I was told that all the batteries for those horrendous things are dying and we will hopefully not have to tolerate Jammy time much longer.

2) There's not an affordable hotel room within a hunnert Miles

3) There's usually some kind of convention for the high holy priest of st. cabbage going on at the exact same time, so the whole downtown Indy area is flooded with snake-charmers and cheerleaders. Sometimes it's hard to tell them apart. My favorite year was the year the anti-abortion people were protesting and there was a guy outside screaming at the girls in their skirts that they were (long-handled garden tool)s

4) It's. Always. Behind.

5) In my experience as an outsider looking in, the words "questionable judging," don't even begin to explain some of the travesties of justice I've witnessed. I think the judges are former professional wrestling referees who are accustomed to pre-determined outcomes.

6) World's bid announcements at midnight or 1AM anyone?

As a coach, I LOVE:

Jam LIVE events-really athlete focused, well run, didn't split many divisions so lots of competition, high production value.

America's Best Nationals-great quality competitors, ran on time, great coaches hospitality room.

The Summit-Disney, quality of competitors, timeless/accuracy of scorecheck/accuscore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) Jammy...thank Gawd the last Jamfest event I went to I was told that all the batteries for those horrendous things are dying and we will hopefully not have to tolerate Jammy time much longer.

2) There's not an affordable hotel room within a hunnert Miles

3) There's usually some kind of convention for the high holy priest of st. cabbage going on at the exact same time, so the whole downtown Indy area is flooded with snake-charmers and cheerleaders. Sometimes it's hard to tell them apart. My favorite year was the year the anti-abortion people were protesting and there was a guy outside screaming at the girls in their skirts that they were (long-handled garden tool)s

4) It's. Always. Behind.

5) In my experience as an outsider looking in, the words "questionable judging," don't even begin to explain some of the travesties of justice I've witnessed. I think the judges are former professional wrestling referees who are accustomed to pre-determined outcomes.

6) World's bid announcements at midnight or 1AM anyone?

as cruel at it is, thats pretty amusing.
something similar happens every year in downtown orlando during halloween all the bible thumping church goers come out and scream at everyone that they are all going to he**, and any girl that walks by them scantily clad gets called a h*e and a sl**. It can be pretty funny to watch, considering all the drunk people walking around during halloween. i have a picture of me from two years ago standing in front of one of their h*ll signs in a skimpy cop costume, posing in a not so G rated way.

i still laugh every time i come across that photo every once in a while.

Summit (Being able to compete w/best of the best in a well run comp + food trucks!)
UCA (enjoy getting out of the PNW to the East Coast though despise the cost & travel)
PacWest in Portland (Well run; all the best teams in the Northwest attend, sales tax-free shopping)

First timer to NCA this year & LOVED it! (Well, except for our "butt crack o' dawn compete times.) So well run, amazing teams in our division, loved the efficient way they do awards, watching the Worlds teams in the Arena...I just thought it was great. I told cp they MUST win this year bc I have a real hankering to see the Champions Room! :)

By comparison, Cheersport overwhelmed me. It just seemed WAY too big or spread out or something. Not a huge fan.

I adore Summit bc it is a warm (actually quite hot this year) sunny comp with food trucks and a beer garden! :) Only been twice, so not sick of the Mickey yet...but ask me again in a couple of years!

Any comp that posts scores and day one placements! Specifically:

#1 ...NCA: Schedule is released well in advance, the amount and level of competition is fantastic, the limit of crossovers. The positives greatly outweigh the negatives here.

#2...WSF Louisville: We attended this for the first time last year and are returning this year. Every parent enjoyed their time in Louisville. The competition was well run, loved the jackets winners won and they rarely split divisions,which I like.

#3...All Star Challenge, Baltimore: Attended this comp for years with prior gym, Love the inner harbor for location. Scoring always seemed accurate and overall a pleasant experience.

Back