Your/your Cp's Tryout Goals For 2018/2019?

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by oncecoolcoachnowmom, May 3, 2018.

1. icequeen

icequeen Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan

I have a hard time figuring out how they think that is a good decision. It apparently affected another kid too and she also left.

2. omgitssydthekid

omgitssydthekid Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    sydneywright496
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    As a former coach, I can’t even imagine telling a child that. Especially a child that has the necessary skills for the team. Unfortunately, coaches seem to not understand that what they say and how they treat their athletes will stick with those kids for a LONG time. I am so sorry for your daughter, but it sounds as though the gym gym is a better fit for her and I am so glad she will be able to live out her dreams there! Do you mind if I ask what happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Lisa Seye

Lisa Seye I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    It wasn't her coach tho. It was gym owner who wouldn't release her. It was meant to be I think to make this change. She may not have made a worlds team at the location she wanted to be at but she wanted to be allowed to try and wasnt given the chance. But it's ok now.

4. DropAndRun

DropAndRun Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Everything happens for a reason. I’m glad she’ll get her chance this year and can’t wait to watch her shine!

5. Lisa Seye

Lisa Seye I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Most definitely. I do believe things happen for a reason. It's still sad tho that her dreams were taken away, but its hopefully for the best. I think she will be awesome this year. And it truly worked out because she pulled a hamstring and cannot tumble right now anyway. Her current coaches are being so patient with her. It's awesome. would have been great to be on a team with you tho.

6. alpaca

alpaca Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Time for me to revisit this thread.

CP's gym finally announced placements. And she was placed on the team we expected. Its the team she has the appropriate skills for. Interestingly every kid from her team last year moved up. But CP had been a stretch to be on the team to begin with so it makes sense for her to stay at this level.

The part that I am unsure about is that her team this year will be very small. Like maybe under 10 kids. So we will see how that goes. It's sort of scary to have only 2 stunt groups. An injury or someone dropping out could really affect the routine. and a small team really has to have very good technique. You can't hide anyone with only 10 on the floor. But I'll think positive, maybe the opposite will happen and we'll get a few kids join late. Also, there is the potential for some great team bonding. (last year CP's team was pretty big and she didn't get to work with many of her team mates)

Also, I am very excited about the energy of her coaches. They have unique dynamic and I think it will be great for the kids.

7. BlockHead

BlockHead Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    My CP is usually on large teams (25+ kids) and trust me when I say that it can be quite intimidating for a large team to go up against a small team. CPs team is pretty small this year, 14 kiddos. She is excited about it.

8. TheVipersMom

TheVipersMom Biggest (stalker) Fan '14

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    My kid is 1 of 38 this year. My kid is almost always on teams of 19/20 so she is super excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. DonnaM

DonnaM I named my pet Sir Fierce-a-lot

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I am praying we get more kids. Right now, CP’s team doesn’t have enough kids coming reliably to compete. And there really isn’t another good option for her at the gym.

10. dat.jpp

dat.jpp Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    imo, as an athlete, I love being on smaller teams. Going from a 13-member team & up to 28 the next season was definitely different. It's easier to be a team with less athletes or else it just turns large teams "cliquey".

11. littlestALLSTAR

littlestALLSTAR I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    This is a bittersweet post....
    CP has been made the alternate for Stars. While it was initially a crushing disappointment for her, she was moved to the Sr medium coed team....and she LOVES it. The kids, coaching and vibe is a much better fit. I hadn’t seen her smile in the 4 months while whe was going through the stress and uncertainty of the tryout process, and now she’s genuinely excited about her team.
    Situations like this can really break a kids spirit and it hasn’t been easy, but this story ends with a happy cheerleader.

12. Pebbles49

Pebbles49 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Alright, good luck to your cp and a successful cheer season... Btw, I am still going to see her on my TV... Yes!

13. SthrnCheerMom

SthrnCheerMom I text ACEDAD all the time

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    The fact that she's happy is all the matters. While my CP didn't make the team she initially started out wanting to make, she is over the moon excited about her team. That's all we can ask for, right?!

I can't wait to hear about your season!

• Shimmy Shimmy x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. DonnaM

DonnaM I named my pet Sir Fierce-a-lot

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    CP is bumping up to S3 to see if she can fill a gap on that team. She is excited and terrified at the same time.