All-Star Your/your Cp's Tryout Goals For 2018/2019?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If you dont mind me asking...
If the 4.2 team is HER dreamteam,why would you be against it?
She has obviously put in the work needed,to get to the specific tumbling skillset needed for lvl 5. An accomplishment on its own,and from what you type she has competed lvl 4.
Could it be that she isnt that deadset on throwing it in routines?

I absolutely get not wanting to aim too low,but if she doesnt truly wants to be on a lvl 5/r5, then thats going to show, one way or another,during the season.
As she is the one putting in the hours and work,she should be on a team that SHE truly wants to be on, and not on one where she is doing it for someone else (within limits,team needs before indiviual and all that).
She could still enjoy her skills during open gyms/clinics.

I 'm actually fine with her being on her dream team. I'm not that parent. If she asks to be on it, I would be happy with whatever team she decides to go on or gets put on.

But, I will say she works VERY hard on her tumbling skills and makes sure she gains a new skill every month. Her coaches said she would be selling herself short with going to 4.2. I actually believe if she did go to 4.2, it would help her greatly with stunting. She has the level 5 skills but she feels she's not ready for level 5. Her ultimate goal is to be on a worlds team (quite frankly if she wants to wait a while on that, I wouldn't be mad cause Worlds money is a killer). My only fear with her going to 4.2 is that she will get complacent and lazy but I'm sure she wont. She's 13 and not sure what she wants to do. I've told her follow her gut.

Our 4.2 is awesome and got 2nd at Summit this weekend. That's an awesome accomplishment and I would be delighted if she made that team. Really I would be delighted with any team she makes as long as she is happy.

I 'm actually fine with her being on her dream team. I'm not that parent. If she asks to be on it, I would be happy with whatever team she decides to go on or gets put on.

But, I will say she works VERY hard on her tumbling skills and makes sure she gains a new skill every month. Her coaches said she would be selling herself short with going to 4.2. I actually believe if she did go to 4.2, it would help her greatly with stunting. She has the level 5 skills but she feels she's not ready for level 5. Her ultimate goal is to be on a worlds team (quite frankly if she wants to wait a while on that, I wouldn't be mad cause Worlds money is a killer). My only fear with her going to 4.2 is that she will get complacent and lazy but I'm sure she wont. She's 13 and not sure what she wants to do. I've told her follow her gut.

Our 4.2 is awesome and got 2nd at Summit this weekend. That's an awesome accomplishment and I would be delighted if she made that team. Really I would be delighted with any team she makes as long as she is happy.

Thank you for answering :)
I think your advice to her was solid,Good Luck at tryouts!
From what you describe, she has an amazing work ethic and lots of love for the sport.
I hope she gets the season she is dreaming of!

Jaylen is wanting to be on level 5 again this year and hopefully go to worlds.
But
My daughter told me the other day, I want to cheer for one more season and after that I want to focus on track & field/ & XC only.

So it may be her last year.
She is great at cheer but she is really starting to do well at track. She had her last school meet (7th grade) this weekend “Meet of Champions,” while we were there a private track and field organization was there. They invited her to their workouts yesterday; and today and she absolutely loved it. They then invited her to join their team and run the 1600m relay this coming weekend which we can’t do because of cheer tryouts. However she will train with them and likely do more meets, she has learned so much in 2 days. She is having an absolute blast!

So next year her goals may not be cheer related but that’s ok! Long as she is happy. Would love to experience worlds if this is her last year but we know it may be R5 again since she is still a smaller base.

But
My daughter told me the other day, I want to cheer for one more season and after that I want to focus on track & field/ & XC only.

She is great at cheer but she is really starting to do well at track. She had her last school meet (7th grade) this weekend “Meet of Champions,” while we were there a private track and field organization was there. They invited her to their workouts yesterday; and today and she absolutely loved it. They then invited her to join their team and run the 1600m relay this coming weekend which we can’t do because of cheer tryouts. However she will train with them and likely do more meets, she has learned so much in 2 days. She is having an absolute blast!

So next year her goals may not be cheer related but that’s ok! Long as she is happy. Would love to experience worlds if this is her last year but we know it may be R5 again since she is still a smaller base.

Good luck to your CP! If she got to go to worlds in her last year that'd be an awesome way to end a great career.

But

That's awesome for her! I'd love to see her on a Worlds team for a year, I feel like I've watched her grow up.
Somewhat related, I saw Clarksville Cheer Extreme on the D2 Summit schedule and thought about you guys, talk about a throwback haha

But

I absolutely love seeing your track posts online!!!

That’s exciting @littlestALLSTAR!!!!

Goals for CP include no injuries or concussions and to work through her fear of flying that she developed as a result of her bad stunt fall this season and sustained whiplash and a concussion and lost a month of school in December. I think she’ll be on Y2 again and she is prepared for another season. She just wants it to be a better season than what she just finished.

She’s been working on her RBHST and can do her standing tuck with a finger spot and has had all of her L3 running tumbling for over a season but I don’t want her stressing this season. Even though she’s really small she’s mentioned wanting to learn how to stunt but most people just laugh and think she’s joking. I’m sure there are small bases and I think she’s do a good job too.

Its perfectly possible, my basing partner for the 2016/17 season was a good half a foot taller than I am and we still made it work. I was the smallest base on the college squad but if you've got the skills or show that you can and are willing to learn then its more than doable!

Can I just say that placement time is my least favorite time of the year cheer-wise. Yes, even more so than summer. All my friends get super twitchy and nervous. No matter what zen I try to get its a battle, I don't think I'm cut out of this.

My CP, on the other hand, said this morning, "Oh yeah, placements start tonight...." So clearly we are much better off following her lead...LOL.

The tryout process is still going on.....she made it through the first three cuts. Next tryout is Monday, it may be the last round, then again it may not. My CP is pretty chill about all of this, I’m totally freaking out.... It’s fine. I’m fine.
Glad she's chill . Awesome that she's made it thru the first 3 cuts. Do you know how many ended up showing up?

Glad she's chill . Awesome that she's made it thru the first 3 cuts. Do you know how many ended up showing up?
I’m not exactly sure ....based on what CP said, it was around 60. I’ve been trying to keep out of the gym and let her do her thing without me hovering. I’d love to be in there with my face pressed up against the glass....fighting the urge.

I’m not exactly sure ....based on what CP said, it was around 60. I’ve been trying to keep out of the gym and let her do her thing without me hovering. I’d love to be in there with my face pressed up against the glass....fighting the urge.

Are these open to parents? Or do they keep you out?

Back