All-Star Your/your Cp's Tryout Goals For 2018/2019?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love the XS division and the attention it brings to the talent at smaller programs.

I never considered the fact that doing well creates an influx of interest in a team that has like 12 spots!

Placement at Elite started last night - and while there were a minimal number of 'ready for 5' type of talent new to the gym no more than most years and the majority of newbies were lower levels looking to learn and grow...the numbers last night were insane. I'm not sure what teams they'll make between Elite, National and Prep (the levels of participation/commitment/travel, etc) but my gosh, the numbers were high.

Edited to add: Nebraska high, I'm sure not at all compared to the mega gyms LOL

The tryout process is still going on.....she made it through the first three cuts. Next tryout is Monday, it may be the last round, then again it may not. My CP is pretty chill about all of this, I’m totally freaking out.... It’s fine. I’m fine.

Just curious - if athletes are “cut”, are there general level 5 tryouts they go to for the rest of the week? I guess my question is, how are athletes placed on the rest of the worlds teams? I’m super old now but I’ve always been curious how it works when there are team-specific tryouts like for Stars.

So far every day has been different. Some have been in the main gym, which has a glassed in parent area (which has been open during tryouts!) and others in one of the smaller gyms with no viewing area.
CP was there for a tumbling clinic during one of the tryouts, I was much more interested in watching them than CP:p I've got no skin in the game but was so nervous for those girls-lol. Continued good luck to your CP!

Just curious - if athletes are “cut”, are there general level 5 tryouts they go to for the rest of the week? I guess my question is, how are athletes placed on the rest of the worlds teams? I’m super old now but I’ve always been curious how it works when there are team-specific tryouts like for Stars.

I was curious about this too.

Are those who do not make it automatically put back in the "pool" for consideration by other Worlds teams? I feel like it would be a bit much for someone to NOT make WCSS, then have to show up get evaluated again for other Worlds teams.

I was wondering this too. I know other Worlds teams tryouts for WC were on Weds and callbacks are on Monday, so no idea how they do it since Stars tryouts are still ongoing.

Last edited:
@oncecoolcoachnowmom when I was at WC, I did noticed that many of the girls or my daughter's friends who were invited to tryout for WCSS and not make the team were then placed on other worlds teams like Suns, Odyssey, Omni, etc without additional evaluations. Everybody were at least placed on a Worlds team.

From what I’ve heard, athletes are asked what their worlds team preference is when they are cut. Hopefully, we don’t find that out first hand.

Are those who do not make it automatically put back in the "pool" for consideration by other Worlds teams? I feel like it would be a bit much for someone to NOT make WCSS, then have to show up get evaluated again for other Worlds teams.
Tryout paperwork asked that people go to the worlds tryouts if they aren’t advancing to the next round of stars tryouts, but I’ve heard they are asked what their worlds team preference is. This process is no joke. You really have to bring your A-game and then some.

I was wondering this too. I know other Worlds teams tryouts for WC were on Weds and callbacks are on Monday, so no idea how they do it since Stars tryouts are still ongoing.

When athletes get cut from Stars tryouts they are asked to come back the night that Senior tryouts/Worlds teams take place. Typically they will get placed on one of the other Worlds teams and many of them were already on one when they received their invite. Outside athletes who do not get an initial invite are also asked to attend that night as well.

Just want CP to be happy... I use to stress about her and whether she was progressing quick enough etc... then she hurt her elbow... came back and placed on level 1... she has never been happier!!! And that’s exactly where she wants to be next season!!

We are moving to Miami so we are looking forward to Top Gun and hopefully her experience of a Junior 1 team will pay off!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both of my CP's would like to move up.

Older CP was on Y2, but now can do PF to tuck on her worst day, so it will come down to basing skills..

Younger CP was on Mini 2 but has her standing full and specialty to double and whip double...but again it will come down to stunting. She was a back spot on mini, but needs to fly to move up so she's been working on that. She tumbles 2 days a week outside of practice, and it's been a pain to maintain her skills and work new tumbling when there is so much she doesn't use at practice.. She isn't old enough this year for level 5, so 4 would be best case scenario and 3 would be progress..

All I can do is pour myself a drink and trust the training...LOL...

So, CP has been in and out of the hospital all week. She also missed tryouts. For the first time in six years, she is without a team. Still trying to decide about what to do about it- still trying to figure out if she should do late tryouts or if we should wait until half year placements when everything hopefully settles. The problem is, nothing has got better in the past year, why should I bet on it happening over the summer. I just wants some answers and a plan.

So, CP has been in and out of the hospital all week. She also missed tryouts. For the first time in six years, she is without a team. Still trying to decide about what to do about it- still trying to figure out if she should do late tryouts or if we should wait until half year placements when everything hopefully settles. The problem is, nothing has got better in the past year, why should I bet on it happening over the summer. I just wants some answers and a plan.
I'm so sorry:( I hope you're able to get answers and a plan soon.

Just want CP to be happy... I use to stress about her and whether she was progressing quick enough etc... then she hurt her elbow... came back and placed on level 1... she has never been happier!!! And that’s exactly where she wants to be next season!!

We are moving to Miami so we are looking forward to Top Gun and hopefully her experience of a Junior 1 team will pay off!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their junior 1 just won summit too. Good luck

Back