All-Star Youth 2.4?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Didn't that new Allstar Games advertise a 5.1 division?

I'm pretty sure UCF in Columbia SC had a 5.3 division (or at least advertised it last year). We haven't been to that one in years to confirm whether it happened.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I'm pretty sure UCF in Columbia SC had a 5.3 division (or at least advertised it last year). We haven't been to that one in years to confirm whether it happened.

You can't create your own division if you're sanctioned under the USASF, right? Don't they have to create the levels?

I thought the 5.1 was a gym that had two level ones, and wanted to put all the hard workers on the 5.1 instead of the other. Maybe I'm crazy but I swear I remember reading that somewhere.

The OP has posed an interesting topic. The number of kids tumbling at higher levels at younger ages continues to increase. Instead of creating another division, however, I can see the USASF limiting stunting skills on higher level youth teams as the age decreases and the population increases if the injury rates increase to merit limitations. A certain level of maturity and problem solving skills are required to stunt, it will be interesting to see how it plays out in the next ten years. My prediction is the 3 yr old BHS will one day be replaced by someone's 4 yr olds ball up 360.

True, but tumbling classes fill up because parents know that TUMBLING is how you move up. If kids actually couldn't move up until they had ALL the skills, those other classes would fill up quick.

Put someone with a tuck on L2 and tell them they can't go on an L3 team until they can also do L3 stunts - and watch how fast mom hits the front desk to ask about stunting class.

Stunting is the one thing that an athlete can't really work on at home or do in a private, unless they're in a group. I also feel like stunting progression can be a lot easier depending on age level. My HS team out stunted all the teams in our conference but didn't have the tumbling. These girls would easily try and master fortune cookie release moves, and could actually do basic level 5 stunt sequences (full up, release move, switch up, twist dismount). Yet it took bribery to finally get some to throw tumbling (dinner for the first stunt group to get bhs). Tumbling is the one think that is solely individual in this sport, unless you want to throw jumps and overall performance in there.

Oh Lordy, here we go...

my opinion? why complicate this sport even more. I will admit, I was opposed to senior 4.2 at first, and even now I'm still a little weary of it, but after listening to some people's opinions I have a better understanding for why it was created. But we need to stop creating a new level to make accommodations for every level. Its not helping our athletes in anyway, its making them lazy. You work hard, bust your butt, and get rewarded for being good enough for a team because you meet the expectations and skill level for that team, you don't have a new division created for you so you can have the best of both worlds and do as you please. tumbling isn't up to standards? go to the gym and work on it on your own. same goes for stunting. if you want it bad enough, you will find a way to make it work. When I started allstars there were THREE levels. none of this mixing and matching of levels, adjusting rules to cater to athletes skills. yes, this sport has grown alot, and mostly for the better, but that is one thing I miss from my dinosaur years. okay, I'll get off the soap box now :)

Oh Lordy, here we go...

my opinion? why complicate this sport even more. I will admit, I was opposed to senior 4.2 at first, and even now I'm still a little weary of it, but after listening to some people's opinions I have a better understanding for why it was created. But we need to stop creating a new level to make accommodations for every level. Its not helping our athletes in anyway, its making them lazy. You work hard, bust your butt, and get rewarded for being good enough for a team because you meet the expectations and skill level for that team, you don't have a new division created for you so you can have the best of both worlds and do as you please. tumbling isn't up to standards? go to the gym and work on it on your own. same goes for stunting. if you want it bad enough, you will find a way to make it work. When I started allstars there were THREE levels. none of this mixing and matching of levels, adjusting rules to cater to athletes skills. yes, this sport has grown alot, and mostly for the better, but that is one thing I miss from my dinosaur years. okay, I'll get off the soap box now :)

I go to open gyms 2 times a week on top of practice and its taken over a year just to get forward and backwards rolls. It might be cos im 20 and no tumbling experiance but I bust a gut just to try and get there. I might work hard but for me main routines I love because of the stunting and all thr other aspects but I love stuntgroups also because I better at it.

I don't believe it ever game to fruition. If it was it was just used as an exhibition division, as it's not listed on the 2014 performance order or results sheet.

Back