All-Star Youth 2.4?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This might be an unpopular opinion I dint think it is an overly bad idea.

If youth and younger aged athletes have done all the progressions of stunting then I dont have an issue with them competiting at higher levels. But if you have a talented tumbler who is very young they may not have the strength required for higher level stunts so it would make sense for that athlete to be on a 2.4 so they are safe.

I have a mini heart attack sometimes when seeing youth 3 and mini 2 as im worried its going to go wrong from safety point of view as I think some may not gauge how important it is not to let your flyer hit the ground. But that may be from me cheering in the uk

True, but tumbling classes fill up because parents know that TUMBLING is how you move up. If kids actually couldn't move up until they had ALL the skills, those other classes would fill up quick.

Put someone with a tuck on L2 and tell them they can't go on an L3 team until they can also do L3 stunts - and watch how fast mom hits the front desk to ask about stunting class.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Our gym last year did this and I was impressed had a couple gymnast come in great tumble skills but no experience stunting and do you know that team was awesome!

Our gym last year did this and I was impressed had a couple gymnast come in great tumble skills but no experience stunting and do you know that team was awesome!

Yup! Not everyone throws a fit. We had two gymnasts with fulls on our J3 last year. We had a SR Coed 4 and a R5 but they needed stunting experience, and both moms were okay with that.

Youth 3 & youth 4 are already small divisions that could be added too, and increase level each season and form into a great youth level 5 team. The senior 4.2 in my opinion is robbing the senior 4 teams of possibly ( summit bids, national titles, etc) the senior 4 kids stunt AND tumble level 4. The senior 4.2 kids stunt level 4 but only tumble level 2, so therefore requires them to focus more on hitting the stunts with wonderful technique since the tumbling is 2 levels easier, while the level 4 kids work to fight & compete with level 4 stunting AND tumbling! I'm not against level 4.2 exactly, but I'd like to see some change. If the level is going to exist they shouldn't be put in the same division for bids and grand champs, because that could take that title away from a level 4 team. They should be put into their own division. I feel level 2.4 would do the same for the other athletes in the divisions combined.

I think it is a great idea! Now a days it is more common for younger athletes to have higher level tumbling skills than stunting skills. Finally they are beginning to accommodate younger athletes.

Youth 3 & youth 4 are already small divisions that could be added too, and increase level each season and form into a great youth level 5 team. The senior 4.2 in my opinion is robbing the senior 4 teams of possibly ( summit bids, national titles, etc) the senior 4 kids stunt AND tumble level 4. The senior 4.2 kids stunt level 4 but only tumble level 2, so therefore requires them to focus more on hitting the stunts with wonderful technique since the tumbling is 2 levels easier, while the level 4 kids work to fight & compete with level 4 stunting AND tumbling! I'm not against level 4.2 exactly, but I'd like to see some change. If the level is going to exist they shouldn't be put in the same division for bids and grand champs, because that could take that title away from a level 4 team. They should be put into their own division. I feel level 2.4 would do the same for the other athletes in the divisions combined.

This happened at CP gym all last season. We had a SR4.2 and Jr4 team. Very small gym and lots of crossovers (along with our SR5) my CP wasn't old enough to be on 4.2. She was on the J4. That poor J4 team worked their butts off- they had some great routines and other comps not so great. But almost every girl double teamed. We would compete against our own 4.2 for grand champ, summit bid, etc. They were an amazing team and could do their routine in their sleep. But they weren't hitting jumps to back and then doing a lev 4 stunt w a tired flyer. Made everyone a little salty... Obviously we were all supportive and happy for their undefeated season but shouldn't have had to compete for bids against them all year.

Back