All-Star Youth 5 2011-2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Why the backlash over Youth Elite? Possibly one CEA Youth 5 would go restricted so they wouldn't have to compete against each other all season?

Why the backlash over Youth Elite? Possibly one CEA Youth 5 would go restricted so they wouldn't have to compete against each other all season?
Well in my opinion, I find it silly for a gym to protest against the restricting of youth 5 and even though there still is an unrestricted division (which they wanted) they choose to go restricted. But, it seems that both teams are intending to go unrestricted so my argument is really a moot point :).

Well in my opinion, I find it silly for a gym to protest against the restricting of youth 5 and even though there still is an unrestricted division (which they wanted) they choose to go restricted. But, it seems that both teams are intending to go unrestricted so my argument is really a moot point :).

But they were protesting over getting rid of youth 5, not restricting it. I don't think anyone knew USASF were going to create a restricted division as well as the regular one.

So, I'm assuming that these Y5 restricted teams can compete "unrestricted" anytime they want, its just these organizations who have restricted Y5's are just very concerned for their childrens safety. They would never let anyone under 12 throw a double by themselves in their gym, right? So, we shouldn't be seeing any Y5 restricted going un-restricted this season due to this concern?

Let those kids free! Doublessssssssssss............If you got 'em, throw 'em.

But they were protesting over getting rid of youth 5, not restricting it. I don't think anyone knew USASF were going to create a restricted division as well as the regular one.
I am unsure as to from where you draw the conclusion that CEA never opposed a restricted division, when Courtney (Ceacoach) posted this a couple months back:

"Last year at NCA CEA Youth Elite and WC Twinkles fought a close battle and CEA just slightly edged out a fantastic team from WC by the slightest of margins. On the scoresheets for WC they were instructed to "add more double fulls". Since that day there has been a concentrated movement to eliminate double fulls from Youth 5 in the name of safety. This may just be coincidental. All I know is our gym lost consecutively to the powerhouse in New Jersey for almost a decade non stop in almost every division and we never asked for skill levels to be restricted, we just worked harder. Leaving soapbox now..."

To me, that sounds like a disapproval of the proposed restricted division. But hey, let's just drop this whole thing because I am starting to sound like a real jerk, ha ha. I would hate for a positive thread to turn into a nasty argument, and myself being the cause for that. LOL.

I am unsure as to from where you draw the conclusion that CEA never opposed a restricted division, when Courtney (Ceacoach) posted this a couple months back:

"Last year at NCA CEA Youth Elite and WC Twinkles fought a close battle and CEA just slightly edged out a fantastic team from WC by the slightest of margins. On the scoresheets for WC they were instructed to "add more double fulls". Since that day there has been a concentrated movement to eliminate double fulls from Youth 5 in the name of safety. This may just be coincidental. All I know is our gym lost consecutively to the powerhouse in New Jersey for almost a decade non stop in almost every division and we never asked for skill levels to be restricted, we just worked harder. Leaving soapbox now..."

To me, that sounds like a disapproval of the proposed restricted division. But hey, let's just drop this whole thing because I am starting to sound like a real jerk, ha ha. I would hate for a positive thread to turn into a nasty argument, and myself being the cause for that. LOL.

@cheerKT prooved wrong! lololololol.

This is true. However, the coaches voted on either having youth 5 or not having youth 5, so I think that most people thought that it would be one or the other.

Also why does this even matter? Youth elite is not restricted, so everyone needs to stop calling courtney a hypocrite.

@cheerKT prooved wrong! lololololol.
Considering CEA is apparently not having any Youth Restricted teams, both mine and @cinderella's arguments are void. Not sure why you decided my point was the one you wanted to single out among the 3 or 4 who posted the same thing, but that's ok.

I agree with @cinderella, none of this matters. A team is allowed to enter any division they want, and they are allowed to have any opinion they want on.

Back on subject, good luck to ALL team in the Youth 5 divisions. I love to see all the young talent and future of the programs.

Also, *proved.

How competitive was this division last season? Do you think its a team worth having if you have no one to compete against in your area? Have been curious about this division since last season when there was talk about getting rid of it.
Our gym had a small youth 5 last year and they didn't have much competition. Actually, they only went against World Cup once. But the girls progressed a lot from the start of the year because they were always trying new things and getting new tumbling. Personally, I wouldn't want that to be my only team but it's definitely worth it. The girls also learned what it's like on a level 5 team without much pressure. They moved up to j5 this year and I feel like it'll be good because they had a little experience with level 5 before.

I've been to told Michigan Xtreme will be having a youth 5. not sure if they are restricted or not.

Back