All-Star Youth 5 Teams 2012-13 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

anythingforcheer

Cheer Parent
Feb 25, 2010
Are there more organizations out there deciding to have Youth 5 this season due to the rule changes (not as difficult) or do we think the changes will eliminate the division?

I think that the changes will be helpful to the division. This season there weren't too many youth 5 teams and those that did compete were further divided by restricted/non-restricted divisions.

i think the changes will help the division and hopefully grow it a bit.

still depends on the gym though.. larger gyms (CEA, WC, CA, and ECE come to mind) are able have successful Y5, J5, and one or more S5's. If you're a smaller gym and have a different range of ages, you may have all the talented youth aged kids on your junior team, or everyone on your senior 5 restricted team (if that's still a division next season after the new rules?)

I definitely hope to see more than 6 or 7 teams next season, though.

In NC Charlotte Allstars, ECCats, and Wake Forest AS had Youth R5 teams this year. I know obviously CEA had regular youth 5, and there was a team in MB, I cannot remember for the life of me who, had a Youth 5 that went restricted 5 at that comp (or so I heard...)

I am always hopefull that Twisters will once again have a viable youth 5 team.... They tried to do it this past season and had to merge those kids into other teams over the summer when it didnt work out...

Back