All-Star Youth International?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

that's interesting... are they in an area that is highly concentrated in people from other countries? it could be a good idea to get them involved, and i understand the scholarship.. but i would think incorporating them into "american" youth teams would be a better idea. they could make friends in the area and adjust to the culture if they are new. do they have bilingual staff to make this work?

while this may be a nice gesture, it doesn't make much sense. there are no international divisions for youth teams, so they'd be competing with every other american team. why separate them from society even more?

It comes across as a potential reality show. But with the wording "literally international decent from any country" we are a nation of immigrants. So the only people not qualified for this are native Americans, but even they are immigrants, they just came over a lot sooner.

I may later have to eat my words, assuming there is actually a reason for this that makes sense, but this is about the silliest thing I've ever seen.
I wouldn't call it silly, its got to be some kind of project to show how cheerleading can bring together kids from different cultures and have them unite together and see past their differences through cheerleading

Why not just put youth age athletes on an actual youth team? They can form a team of all children from a foreign background but they will still have to compete in the regular youth division. This sort of just confuses me.

Why not just put youth age athletes on an actual youth team? They can form a team of all children from a foreign background but they will still have to compete in the regular youth division. This sort of just confuses me.
my understanding is that it is a regular youth division team that happens to be comprised of international kids

my understanding is that it is a regular youth division team that happens to be comprised of international kids

What about the youth age athletes who are born in American from Americans? I understand what they are trying to do but I don't understand the point of it.

I understand what they are trying to do but I don't understand the point of it.

So what are they trying to do? What is the benefit of doing this to the gym? the kids? the parents?

Affirmative action in cheer? As someone who is "literally international descent" I'm confused as to why there's a need for only international kids and what really qualifies someone as being of international descent, do they mean descendants of people from other countries even if they came to this country a long time ago like almost every American is or 'fresh of the plane, doesn't speak a word of English' international? It seems like they're trying to do a nice thing but I agree with most people, they shouldn't be separated from the other kids.

So what are they trying to do? What is the benefit of doing this to the gym? the kids? the parents?

I look at it as they are trying to pull in those "international" athletes within the US to give the sport a chance. I just don't understand how it benefits those athletes or parents more then just putting them on a normal youth team.

From the Facebook notice, it sounds like there are several kids in the area that are new to the states so I guess it's those kids (and boys 12 and older) who are getting the free rides this new season.

I agree with a poster earlier, why would you want to separate them. There isn't a division for youth international.

The youth international sounds like an addition team comp team, just comprised of international kids. Kind of like a "super" team. So Im seeing it as a fun little crossover team that those kids can be one. I like the idea.

Back