Youth Level 2 Legal Stunt

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 15, 2014
I have sent a video to USASF, but I wanted to get some quick feedback before practice.

The flyer is in a "T" motion standing on the ground. The bases are on both sides of her holding her upper arm and her wrist. The flyer then initiates the stunt by sitting in a tuck position. (She literally sits on her bottom on the floor for '7,8'). The back spot then reaches over from behind the flyer and grabs the flyers ankles. The bases and backspot work together to flip the flyer in a tuck. The flyer then lands back on the ground with 2 feet and the bases still holding on in a "T" position.

Any feedback would help.

You can't flip stunts in level 2, unless they're inverted on the ground and become upright in the air (i.e. FWO to sponge or prep)

Sorry. That's what I meant. We just couldn't get our flyers to flip and so that's when we pulled in the back spot to help rotate them in a back roll.

I've seen that stunt a couple different times on level 2 teams.

@retiredl5cheer I don't think it would be legal for level 1 because she isn't using her hands when she is upside down:

Tumbling:
A. Skills must involve constant physical contact with the performing surface. Tumbling skills must involve hand support with both hands when passing through the inverted position.

Back