High School 16-17 Aacca Hs Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

$5 says they took away full downs.
Did I miss something? Was this even a thing being discussed?

Honestly I wouldn't miss them. They weren't in our routine this year, and I can't even remember if they were last year or not. Still though, I don't see how these would be something they would take out.

Thoughts...

Split catches only need 3 bases now instead of 4. Thank goodness, I always hated that rule and the 2014 version of my routine wishes this rule came sooner so we weren't scrambling around in the warm-up room to fix this!

I like the changes to inversions in pyramids. Still wish we didn't have to have two bracers connected by arms, but this at least opens it up for more creative new pyramids.

Paperdolls now legal!

And best of all.... YOU CAN HOLD POMS WHILE DOING A STANDING TUCK! Take that nationals judge who commented that it was silly we dropped our poms before doing our tucks, and "that it was unnecessary." I agree, completely unnecessary, but it was our only legal option!

So far I'm in favor of the rule changes. Haven't seen any bad changes. I did just read the summary so far though.

Thoughts...

And best of all.... YOU CAN HOLD POMS WHILE DOING A STANDING TUCK! Take that nationals judge who commented that it was silly we dropped our poms before doing our tucks, and "that it was unnecessary." I agree, completely unnecessary, but it was our only legal option!
Mad about this b/c the year I was a Pom girl in our cheer was the year they made this illegal and I wanted to do tucks with poms so bad lol.

But actually I'm happy to see it back.

Mad about this b/c the year I was a Pom girl in our cheer was the year they made this illegal and I wanted to do tucks with poms so bad lol.

But actually I'm happy to see it back.
It's called the "salty" rule change

Did I miss something? Was this even a thing being discussed?

Honestly I wouldn't miss them. They weren't in our routine this year, and I can't even remember if they were last year or not. Still though, I don't see how these would be something they would take out.
Just a guess LOL. But 99% of the full downs I see make my soul hurt: dropped pelvises, bent knees, crossed legs and unpointed feet. And yet many of them are labeled "clean". *shudders*

Paper dolls legal what?! Got some pyramid planning to do now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. They have to connect hand/arm to hand/arm (can't connect via holding feet or legs) but still so many possibilities!

Does anyone have a video interpretation of the pyramid bracing changes ? I am confused
Also, videos of the inversion changes and what they mean ?

I'm not one of those people that can read a book and be like YASSSS QUEEENNNN - I need like power points, laser pointers the whole 9 hahaha

Does anyone have a video interpretation of the pyramid bracing changes ? I am confused
Also, videos of the inversion changes and what they mean ?

I'm not one of those people that can read a book and be like YASSSS QUEEENNNN - I need like power points, laser pointers the whole 9 hahaha

Cheer Rules – Cheerleading Rules for Coaches will have videos up as soon as Jim can get them shot.

Back