All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

However, in cases like this fans should be considerate to the fact that they may want to space right now.
That indeed is true, but we know that some won't. I think njallday has it right....
i agree with JumpingJackFlash on that one. dropping stunts doesn't give anyone permission to be rude. i understand they are teenage girls, but they wanted the spotlight and fans. you can't just change your mind like "oh i'm having a bad day, so i don't want to be famous anymore." doesn't work like that.

However, in cases like this fans should be considerate to the fact that they may want to space right now.
I see it pretty much exactly like the reporter who wouldn't leave the gymnast alone in the summer Olympics when clearly she just needed a minute to compose herself (i almost crawled through the tv on that woman) or the reporter coming after Dan Jansen in his Olympics when he wiped out in the race he was favored to win. It's the same thing to me (regardless of the team in question). If you want pictures and stuff that's fine (i guess) but give them a few minutes to go behind a closed door and compose themselves before you start demanding pictures.

Just like the thread BlueCat started about cheerlebritys, I think some common sense, respect and appropriate parenting (um, let's not ask right now honey...lets give them a minute) might be a good suggestion.

Yeah, I said it.

This video showed (senior elite day 2) that they are only humans like we all are. They are not robots or something. They can hit flawles routine or have a disaster routine. And for everyone on twitter who said they were rude because they didn't want to take a picture after routine....REALLY PEOPLE?!?! REALLY? how can you say they were rude. They dropped 5 stunts after an amazing preformances from the day before. Did you really expect them to be nice and taking pictures smiling?
#"cheerlebrity" problems

I see it pretty much exactly like the reporter who wouldn't leave the gymnast alone in the summer Olympics when clearly she just needed a minute to compose herself (i almost crawled through the tv on that woman) or the reporter coming after Dan Jansen in his Olympics when he wiped out in the race he was favored to win. It's the same thing to me (regardless of the team in question). If you want pictures and stuff that's fine (i guess) but give them a few minutes to go behind a closed door and compose themselves before you start demanding pictures.

Just like the thread BlueCat started about cheerlebritys, I think some common sense, respect and appropriate parenting (um, let's not ask right now honey...lets give them a minute) might be a good suggestion.

Yeah, I said it.

Maybe a change in parenting for parents in the cheerleading industry whose kids are the ones showing no respect to another teenager having a bad day as well? It's easy to say the "cheerlebrities" bring it on themselves, and all that kind of talk, but I think parents in this industry need to be aware of the obsession their kids have with these "cheerlebrities" and how to appropriately go about being a fan of someone.

I don't see how those ladies do it at all. Whether they are upset or not. My team could hit an amazing routine and i still don't want to talk after. I want space.

Maybe a change in parenting for parents in the cheerleading industry whose kids are the ones showing no respect to another teenager having a bad day as well? It's easy to say the "cheerlebrities" bring it on themselves, and all that kind of talk, but I think parents in this industry need to be aware of the obsession their kids have with these "cheerlebrities" and how to appropriately go about being a fan of someone.
Exactly.

i agree with JumpingJackFlash on that one. dropping stunts doesn't give anyone permission to be rude. i understand they are teenage girls, but they wanted the spotlight and fans. you can't just change your mind like "oh i'm having a bad day, so i don't want to be famous anymore." doesn't work like that.

not exactly standing up for them, but weren't they down a few "original" teammates this weekend? one flyer and one of the center stunt's bases... that could be a reason for the changes/mistakes if they have alternates in. though that should still only effect 2 stunts, not 4.
I don't necessarily think every single person on that team asked for the spotlight and the fans.

i dont think the girls on SE should be forced by the fans to be nice 24/7. they are there to compete, they're not there to sign autographs and take pics for anyone and everyone at a seconds notice. at the end of the day they should be given some space especially if they had such an off day such as day 2.
That's true, no one should be forced. But not with only Sr Elite, any team who is "famous" and looked up to, should be prepared to handle the good and bad.

Maybe we should let the fans know it's okay to idolize when they hit, but if they have a bad day, pretend you don't know them?

This makes me think back to a certain "cheerlebrity" who was able to handle this dilemma with grace. I miss her.

Back