All-Star 2012 - 2013 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

im gonna be honest.. if these girls sell autographed bows (which they do) they should expect the cheerlibrity status and should expect to be bombarded with pictures and fans.... if you don't want that then don't go to that extreme JMO

They sell autographed bows because there's a demand for them. I could autograph bows all day and all night and I seriously doubt anyone would buy them. The demand for the signed bow came long after they had established themselves.

All I'm saying is behind the curtain during obvious team time is not the right time to approach someone for something......ever.... whether they had a good day on the mat or not is not the issue. At that particular moment they were upset but nobody would have even known it had these kids not been backstage where they didn't belong during a time they didn't belong trying to get pictures with a team that was still meeting as a team. All kinds of wrong. I'm sorry we seem to disagree on this point!

It was a curtained off backhallway type of deal and quite frankly anybody could have gotten back there. CSP told the team to come on...what choice did they have?? When your coach tells you to do something you do it. Or at least we do. LOL
I gotta go with mstealtoyou on this one. There's like some invisible force field around the curtain in our gym. Whether they killed it or got creamed the parents seem to have this 20 foot zone around the curtain that no one will step any closer to. We not only leave them to their team discussion and replay, were also not even close enough to hear what the coaches are saying. Now when they come out its a cheering, high fiving, hugging free for all but that's when they're released. Even our crazy parents (we all have them) would never dream if standing near the curtain let alone going through it.

I guess I just thought everyone respected that process. I'm stunned that athletes would cross the curtain. If our parents are trained I would've thought everyone understood that....especially the kids.

Marketing like these teams or athletes are pop stars opened the pandoras box of accessibility. Maybe we need to go back to letting the team performance/skills do the talking on the mat. I mean after all this is a youth sport not a college or professional sport.

Marketing like these teams or athletes are pop stars opened the pandoras box of accessibility. Maybe we need to go back to letting the team performance/skills do the talking on the mat. I mean after all this is a youth sport not a college or professional sport.

Didn't you read the story, they couldn't close Pandora's box. It is, what it is. But, there are traditions and lines that should not be crossed in any sport. I couldn't go into the huddle at a football game, to ask for an autograph. This was a huddle.

No surprise there.
No, it's not, because it's just plain rude.
I really don't care how famous you are in this industry - you're still on a team or have a purpose at a competition. If Kiara Knowlin or Maddie Gardener wants to go to a competition for fun, then they're anyone's game. But if people are there competing, I don't care how old you are - have some manners to ask for a photo when that athlete is off the floor and done with their duties for the day. It makes absolutely no sense to walk up to someone on SE and say "hey, I know you're watching your video, but could you take important time away from your team and your coach to take with a picture with me when I'll probably see you all day at this competition."
Exactly.

Back