All-Star 2012 London Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Very happy for Gabby, totally deserved! Bummed Aly didn't make top 3 but I'm sure she will slay floor and beam (even though I'm rooting for Jordyn on floor!)

No offense to Victoria, she is an outstanding athlete but her vault let her down. She continues to be a sore loser. I know she will be disappointed and you can't help your emotions. But hunny you got silver and gave the best floor routine I've seen in my lifetime , and you didn't even congratulate Gabby. Thousands of people look up to you and when you are unsportsmanlike it's wrong. Suck it up and smile, you are a silver medalist at the Olympics! And that silver medal looks beautiful around your neck.

I so agree with you! Yes, you wanted gold and your upset but you still placed!! You have another Olympic medal, don't be such a sore loser!

I so agree with you! Yes, you wanted gold and your upset but you still placed!! You have another Olympic medal, don't be such a sore loser!

It's exactly the same as Worlds. Embarrassing to watch as you feel so bad for her, but then you realize shes still got a silver. Her reactions resemble something like she didn't even medal. She just stares at the floor. No smile, no wave. Nothing. Just crying. I just hate seeing people sad. Would love to see Komova smile after she's heard the awards for once, but I guess it will never happen as she's only happy with gold.

It's exactly the same as Worlds. Embarrassing to watch as you feel so bad for her, but then you realize shes still got a silver. Her reactions resemble something like she didn't even medal. She just stares at the floor. No smile, no wave. Nothing. Just crying. I just hate seeing people sad. Would love to see Komova smile after she's heard the awards for once, but I guess it will never happen as she's only happy with gold.
I remember watching a team at worlds (don't remember who) had the ugliest faces on when they were up for their 2nd place medals not a crack of a smile from any of them.......I think most of us would be extremely exited with 2nd.............. we were soooo happy just to be there and dothe best we have ever done!

I remember watching a team at worlds (don't remember who) had the ugliest faces on when they were up for their 2nd place medals not a crack of a smile from any of them.......I think most of us would be extremely exited with 2nd.............. we were soooo happy just to be there and dothe best we have ever done!

Exactly! If I even got to go to Worlds to watch I would be crying with happiness haha!

I also didn't like that Victoria congratulated her own team mate but waited until Gaby congratulated her to say anything to her! It must be so frustrating for her to wonder what could have been if she'd landed her vault but the way some of the Russians act when things don't go their way is not very classy!

(sorry for going on about this, just had to get my say in haha)

I will go against the grain and say that it is perfectly fine for some of the athletes to be upset with not winning. They should rightfully be proud of what they did to even get to that position, but in that moment - seeing your dream of a gold medal dashed is simply not a happy time for every gymnast.

I didn't see anything that remotely resembled an athlete or coach being poor sport or poor loser. No one kicked a chair, cussed a judge, threw a tantrum, slapped a competitor, or stomped off of the arena floor. The girls that were disappointed should not have to worry about displaying their acting skills for the viewers' sake after going through what they had. The microscope is already powerful enough on those teenagers and young adults without the twitterverse exploding with condemnation for every tear they can't hold back. I simply cannot imagine the time and effort that they have spent throughout their lives for that one moment - so I am not going to judge their character or heart by how happy or sad they are.

It did look like they eventually went through the proper motions of congratulating the people who placed ahead of them. They pulled themselves together properly for the medal ceremony. (something that cheer athletes are not given the opportunity to do, unfortunately.)

Very happy for Gabby, totally deserved! Bummed Aly didn't make top 3 but I'm sure she will slay floor and beam (even though I'm rooting for Jordyn on floor!)

No offense to Victoria, she is an outstanding athlete but her vault let her down. She continues to be a sore loser. I know she will be disappointed and you can't help your emotions. But hunny you got silver and gave the best floor routine I've seen in my lifetime , and you didn't even congratulate Gabby. Thousands of people look up to you and when you are unsportsmanlike it's wrong. Suck it up and smile, you are a silver medalist at the Olympics! And that silver medal looks beautiful around your neck.

While I really do agree with you that there are few things uglier than being a poor sport, I'm going to play devil's advocate here for a second. You have to take cultural differences into account. It's only fair. Russia, and most of Eastern Europe for that matter, is known for their cold and stoic personality. Us "westerners" may interpret that coldness as rude, selfish, and ruthless, but remember, they probably think our strive to be compassionate, warm and honorable is a bunch of superficial, touchy-feely bull.

Komova's "outburst" is an entirely appropriate response--given some cultural context. To be perfectly honest, I don't find her behavior to be particularly unsportsmanlike...I'd love to see any one of you miss out on both the world and olympic all-around title, despite performing some the best routines of your life, then proceed to swallow your pride, and skip off into the sunset hand-in-hand with the girl who just crushed your childhood dreams.

Oh, and, by the way, so so so very proud of Gabby!!! I just love her gymnastics! What an amazing olympic debut! USA! USA! :D

Back