All-Star 2013/14 Great Sportsmanship

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Star Athletics, out of NJ. My kid and her team think the world of these girls. They have all made friends and talk. Those girls were the best we have competed against all season and everyone at our gym knows that. They got second at NCA to us but I would have loved for them to have tied! Those girls were so deserving and respectful even after their loss, they are going to the summit on a paid bid and my daughters team will be cheering them on!

I think I mentioned this before but I love the Large Coed kids. At NCA you leave the floor when you're called before 1 and 2. Coed elite had been sitting with TGLC through the end of competition and sat together at awards. When Coed Elite got called 3rd and were dismissed they refused to leave. They were off the mat by the doors and event staff was motioning them to leave the arena but they knew what we all knew and didn't want to go until they saw their TGLC friends win NCA. Event staff was cool when they told them why they didn't want to leave so they stayed to cheer for their win :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Super sportsmanship at the UK Heart of England regionals, in Feb. The three AllGirl 5 teams in warm up, about to go head to head. (We only have 6/7 AG5 teams in total in the UK!)

e8v62e.jpg

Surry Starlets - Amethyst
Unity Allstars - Ruby
Rising Stars -Ellipse

At the American Open in Orlando last year which was Polynesian themed, as I was walking back to warm ups, a few girls came up to me from Gulf Breeze Rage, told me good luck, and gave me a lei. It had a tag hanging with good luck written on it. It was such a cute idea that they wrote on the tags and handed them out throughout the day.

Met a bunch of great Pro Athletics families at a competition yesterday! We were sectioned in front and behind groups of Pro families who offered to video for a few of our moms while our kids were performing and some more who, when a huge party (10 or so) of people from a rec gym decided they needed to get out of their seats just as the music for our J2 routine started, proceeded stick up for us when the people didn't sit back down when our parents asked them to, to let the people know how disrespectful they were being to get up during the routine while our J2 parents were trying to watch their kids perform. These same people from this rec gym (who were in like the 2nd row) continued all day to walk through the aisles of seats to get out during team performances, which was still really annoying even when teams from my gym weren't performing.

I know this is the all star section but I have a great example of sportsmanship. For uca high school nationals day 1 we were at Indiana jones. My team was going to warm ups and since it was raining there were about 15 teams huddled in the warm up tent (all super varsity teams too so 30 girls each team, it was crowded). The girls from Westlake High School were all so sweet and cheered on every team during warm ups! They weren't even warming up yet but they cheered on every team to hit their stunts and tumbling. My teams pyramid was having issues hitting, and they just cheered us on it was great!!

And even better, that team ended up winning!! So congrats to them. And if anyone from Westlake high school is on here you guys were great!!

A few years back, my team had competed against California All stars, on day one we were beating them, and then on day two they ended up beating us. We happened to be staying at the same hotel as them, and ran into them that night. A few of their girls actually gave us their national champion backpacks cause they felt we deserved them more! It was so sweet of the girls, and an amazing experience.

I remember seeing a post about Royalty Athletics and Cheer Wisconsin at UCA... can't find it now, but they both took time out of their day to go cheer for each other (they're in different divisions).

We were at a medium-sized comp with only one floor so during one session sr5 and jr3 teams alternated performances. We were waiting backstage to go, and Intensity j3 from The Cheer Spot was waiting behind us. They were SO sweet, compliments left and right. We just wanted to hug them they were so sweet. Our music got shut off because somebody got hurt, and when they went right after us, their music turned off because their music person accidentally hit pause. They skipped part of their re-warm up to cheer us on when we re-performed and ran right backstage to perform when we were done. We watched their second performance too (and they were great!!!) On day 2 they went before us and they skipped watching their recap video to come cheer us on and were waiting for us on the side when we walked off the floor. We sat with them at awards and now we're all Instagram buddies. Lots of pics taken! Good luck to our "little sisters" (and brother!) from The Cheer Spot Intensity at The One next weekend :)

It's so funny because sometimes I think fans/kids would like to think that all the teams in a division hate each other. In reality, the comp is over and they're all hanging out together the rest of the weekend. You come in 2nd to the them at Worlds and still go to Epcot together the next day.

Back