All-Star 2013-2014 New Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's official. I'm gonna need a sports bra that's not racer back. I don't mind wearing a real bra - I usually do under my sports bra anyway, but I need something to wear over it for quick changing in public spaces. I have one flimsy little shelf bra thing - basically a cami minus the part over the stomach.

It's official. I'm gonna need a sports bra that's not racer back. I don't mind wearing a real bra - I usually do under my sports bra anyway, but I need something to wear over it for quick changing in public spaces. I have one flimsy little shelf bra thing - basically a cami minus the part over the stomach.
Try discount dance.com, and dancewear solutions.com. Both should have something to a racer back with decent coverage. They may not be super supportive, but will cover a regular bra nicely.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

a5yquny9.jpg
Omega Cheer levels 2 and 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I'm going to go there ...

The average C-D cup breast weighs 4-5lbs, that's 2 whole bags of sugar PER breast. So do me a little experiment would ya.

Get 4 bags of sugar and divide them into 2 thin plastic sandwich bags (do you have them in the US?), tie a knot in the top of the bags. Now swing them around your body, above your head, up and down, around and around for 2:30 mins whilst holding on to ONE of the thin handles. How much are your arms aching? Did that plastic handle stretch or snap? How much effort and force was exerted on those bags? Now attach them to you and do it all again, nope? Didn't think so.

Breasts are HEAVY when they're big, our girls need support constantly no matter the size. They hurt when they don't have the proper support, we get damaged when they don't have the proper support. I wouldn't want to do any exercise without adequate provision in place for my girls and I'm not going to ask my athletes to do otherwise. We may survive 2:30, but it is a deeply unpleasant and painful experience that can TOTALLY be avoided if ignorant coaches stopped designing/approving inappropriate uniforms.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I had a breast reduction when I was 19, some called me nuts and I used to explain them how heavy they felt by comparing them with bags of Sugar:)
They removed "1,5 bag of Sugar" of each breast and I still have a double D!
I guess that's why I Always make sure the uniforms for my kids are bra-friendly. and with bra-friendly I mean every type of bra, not clear plastic with weird shapes or ductape.

Our uniform was posted about 100 pages back, but ours incorporates the sports bra as part of the design. It shows thru the cut outs. I have never thought of switching out the colors of the sports bra :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Fierce Board mobile app

Post them again? I forgot that yours do that, but now I remember. And it's cute!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Fierce Board mobile app

These are the new uniforms at Madtown Twisters. Once again, I am a little apprehensive about posting here, but we're so proud of them that I wanted to share. The bra brigade will be happy to know that the orange mystic straps and racerback showing on the back are actually a separate sports bra. We're also done fighting about bra straps and the girls love the sports bras, so that's a plus too. :)

ETA I am on the strugglebus for getting the picture to actually post. Ugh...

ddn6zd.jpg

Hopefully this works :) here they are again. The sports bra is part of the design.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Fierce Board mobile app

a5yquny9.jpg
Omega Cheer levels 2 and 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like it, I just wish there was some white around parts of green in the uniform so that the green would pop more instead of blending into the black. And I think the mesh on the arms is in an awkward spot. But overall the design is nice!

for a $10 sports bra, you might as well save the money and go without a bra! It'll just be a piece of fabric that goes around the area with no support!

It's enough for me to wear over another bra to provide some coverage if I need to change in a convention hall. But yeah, $10 sports bras are crap. You're looking at $30 for decent support, even more if you're bigger cup size.

Last edited:
I used this one last year and I really liked it. You can't order them online but I saw them at target the other day. C9 by Champion® Women's High Impact Bra - As... : Target

Back