All-Star 2013/2014 Team Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i know it's legal, but (serious question) does it hurt your score? other than the 2 obviously not throwing the skill reducing your quantity, does it lower execution? i know it was made legal a season or two ago, but i've only ever seen it used as more of a "transitional move" with braced flipping moving from one section to another.

On Jam Brands you have to do 36-2 for jumps to back. 32 jumps to back scores a 4. 34 jumps to back scores a 5 (which on their scoresheet I'm sure you know is A LOT). Saturday we scored a 4......Sunday 2 girls spotted 2 girls to get our number to 34 for the 5 in that category. We did see the score go up from Day 1 to Day 2. CSP said she didn't see a decline in our execution scores from it.

Edited to add this came from CSP....I am not a coach nor do I pretend to be online. That Jammy scoresheet literally had me in a hurricane of headache and confusion.

Last edited:
On Jam Brands you have to do 36-2 for jumps to back. 32 jumps to back scores a 4. 34 jumps to back scores a 5 (which on their scoresheet I'm sure you know is A LOT). Saturday we scored a 4......Sunday 2 girls spotted 2 girls to get our number to 34 for the 5 in that category. We did see the score go up from Day 1 to Day 2. CSP said she didn't see a decline in our execution scores from it.

That kind of doesn't seem fair to me. They aren't actually doing the skills alone so why should those 2 kids that are getting spotted be included in the 34 you need to get the max score? Just doesn't seem right to me.

Not saying you guys did something wrong but jambrands shouldn't allow that to be able to happen.

That kind of doesn't seem fair to me. They aren't actually doing the skills alone so why should those 2 kids that are getting spotted be included in the 34 you need to get the max score? Just doesn't seem right to me.

Not saying you guys did something wrong but jambrands shouldn't allow that to be able to happen.

Opinion noted........we didn't do anything wrong. It is well within the rules, my advice is change the rule if it's unfair.

I truly think that Large Senior curse exists because of how cut throat its been (usually only 4/5 teams in the division, only 3 globes) at when teams don't win NCA they get p****d and super hungry for that Worlds title.

I love the curse. It makes me so excited every year because I hope someone breaks it.

Can every person who intends to have a front walkover in their routine: please stop and go look at Orange. If your FWOs (especially at level 5) don't have that gorgeous execution, take them out. Straight legs and pointed toes aren't optional.

I'm actually glad you brought this up... I'm SO over FWO's (a level 1 skill) being used as choreography in Level 5. I think at that level, punch fronts/ aerial walkovers/ etc are much more appropriate.

I'm actually glad you brought this up... I'm SO over FWO's (a level 1 skill) being used as choreography in Level 5. I think at that level, punch fronts/ aerial walkovers/ etc are much more appropriate.

I love the half punch front that cheetahs do in their routine. You've made me really want to see the above skills in stunts now!

Oh sorry, I meant no harm! I havent really seen any of the other teams. I did some research and it looks like these teams are also in Large Senior:

Cheer Tyme Allstars Love
Exxcel Allstars Extreme Divas
KC Cheer Fearless
New Jersey Spirit Explosion X5
Rocket Cheer Villains
Charlotte Allstars Imperial

I love that this division has almost doubled in one year!
I think I heard CAC Imperial is R5 now and teal moved to MAG.

I'm sorry, but who is Teal? I'm assuming they are one of the teams on that list.
Charlotte Allstars Teal. They were small senior but I'm assuming they've reorganized a bit and when they took their LAG (Imperial) to R5 that they must've shifted some kids to teal since they're now competing Medium AG.

Charlotte Allstars Teal. They were small senior but I'm assuming they've reorganized a bit and when they took their LAG (Imperial) to R5 that they must've shifted some kids to teal since they're now competing Medium AG.

this makes me very happy! not for the girls on imperial who may be disappointed moving at this point in the season, but i've been saying for years that if CAC entered an R5 division they would do really well. i'll be rooting for them and hopefully this will give them some time to really perfect and build those skills!

Okay, since I watched quite a lot level 5 videos after the last weekend I have a question:

Why is it so difficult for level 5 athletes to not have their thumbs out in the beginning of a routine when standing still?

There is almost no level 5 team out there where the athletes and/or coaches care about that little detail. And somehow it drives me insane that level 1 teams are able to do that, but level 5 teams aren't.

Such a huge pet peeve of mine!! I'm one for the small, teeny, tiny, minuscule, details :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back