All-Star 2013 Rebel Athletic Catalog

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think I might like some of them better if they weren't presented in such a dark way. I get what they are going for with the rebel theme, but this is cheerleading. And that ruffle sleeve? Oh my!

The uniforms all gave the the skanky prom catalog vibe. Do you really need prom hair and lip liner to sell a uniform? Really liked the sublimated practice wear and the warm ups though.

I agree. I couldn't take it seriously because they had girls looking more like they were trying to be on teen vogue more than a cheerleading uniform catalogue. I'm okay with different, but this was trying to hard :( I can imagine that ruffled sleeve being a hassle in stunting, too. I'm not saying all the uniforms were a bad idea or weren't cute, just the presentation didn't get me.

The lighting/make-up/poses are definitely couture-esque but for most of the girls it looks like they are trying too hard and is unnatural. IMHO that doesn't sell a uniform very well. The uniforms where the model is smiling and posing with positive body language actually made whatever uniform they were wearing alot more appealing to me. Some of those uniforms lost points for me just cause of how the girl was posed or scowling or trying to look "model sexy".

I applaud them for being different and trying something other than the same boring traditional uniform catalog. We get so many of those that all look alike. I don't love every uniform in there, but I that is true for EVERY uniform catalog I've seen.

RE: Rebel - I will say that have been fantastic to work with for us. The practice clothes are a HUGE hit at the gym and their design team is great. You would be shocked at how many issues/challenges we have had over the years with some of the more established uniform companies - particularly one very large one.

I'm the weird one this time. I decided I love it. Maybe it's the big city girl in me, but I dig the look..edgy, bold, and unique. Some magazines you could just copy and paste the poses into different magazines and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference..whether or not you like the look, you KNOW when you see one of those unis who made it and the vibe they're going for.

Bringing back the memories of dating a rock guitarist..ahh, now THOSE were fun times. ;)

I realize it was kinda said already but, their poses are so not appropriated for selling cheer uniforms...and beyond awkward to look at during class :oops:

I did really like the warmups and practice wear though! So adorable

Yeah I feel uncomfortable having this on my computer screen while in school... which I mean I probably shouldn't be looking at uni's during class anyways..

Im not a fan of the 3/4 sleeves.
We needed a uniform QUICK one year, and the one we got had three quarter sleeves. I was iffy at first, but they turned out nicely. Shocking. Plus, I didnt have to yell for them to stop pulling their sleeves up. :)

I'm the weird one this time. I decided I love it. Maybe it's the big city girl in me, but I dig the look..edgy, bold, and unique. Some magazines you could just copy and paste the poses into different magazines and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference..whether or not you like the look, you KNOW when you see one of those unis who made it and the vibe they're going for.

Bringing back the memories of dating a rock guitarist..ahh, now THOSE were fun times. ;)
Yes I love it too! I love the edgy look, so different.

I feel like Rebel was going out of the box and just showing us what CAN be done. I can't speak for the company, but just using some common sense here, I don't think they would suggest competing in a uni with huge ruffle sleeves or that blue figure skating looking one that Jamie models that is covered in spiky-looking gem things.

I think it was more about portraying a very open and different image and showing that they really can do whatever you want. I appreciate the breakaway from the traditional uni catalog (although I will say the new GK line is generally to-die-for).

If we put the make up and hair and lighting aside, there are some pretty nice uniforms. Clothing designers put their models in some of the ugliest hair and make up styles I've ever seen but if their clothes can speak, then what's it matter. Rebel did a good job of showing what can be done. You don't have to go to their catalogue and say boom I love this uniform, I want it. Instead it's a WOW... this is different. I want something different too.

Back