All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

UA Divinity Large Co-Ed 4 from their showcase this weekend! they look incredible!

Love the routine, but this is my constant issue with level 4.
If I were a judge, one of those kids would have gotten credit for a layout. The rest were pikes. Not even piked layouts, those were straight up 90 degree angle pikes.

If I were a judge, one of those kids would have gotten credit for a layout. The rest were pikes. Not even piked layouts, those were straight up 90 degree angle pikes.
I was just thinking the same thing when I watched this a second ago. It certainly doesn't help with fulls when your layout is jank

I have always called those "pucks" .. when they are 90 degree pikes, but they have slightly bent knees...I never know really know what skill they're actually going for. Obviously it's apparent on all levels, but IMO, it seems the most visible on Level 4 teams when they are rushed to get tumbling and technique isn't really paid attention to.

I, too, love the routine, though :)

I do feel like this can be a fitness issue for some kids in a full out ie just chucking over because they're tired rather than focusing on their technique

Love this routine, who did the choreography? Are there any videos of Prodigy?
The only videos that will be posted are the two that @CheerUpdates posted (Divinity and Empresses Jr 2, my CP's team). We were actually told by our owners that we were allowed to film but are not allowed to post on any social media.

Wes Haley does the choreography for all of UA's teams.

It's a shame, because the routine has some AWESOME choreo/creativity. But for the front-to-back tumbling, I couldn't tell if some of those things were tucks, pucks, pikes or WHAT was happening. I hope judging starts discrediting improper tumbling techniques..

I do feel like this can be a fitness issue for some kids in a full out ie just chucking over because they're tired rather than focusing on their technique

I'd say most of the issue is coaching. And coaches, I'm about to give you possibly the most simple yet mind blowing and useful tip you'll ever hear about layouts.
IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT TOES.
I have heard so many coaches talking about pulling the toes over. "Set, then pull your toes over" is an extremely incorrect way of telling an athlete how to layout. An athlete needs to understand how to pull their toes and hips over simultaneously to create a hollow body position ideal for flipping in.
So next time that you tell your athletes to pull their toes over after their set, remember athletes have these things called HIPS as well. You're damaging any potential that athlete has to move past level 4 if you don't.

I can see what yall are talking about with them that most everyone pikes it over so I went and watched our j4 from last year who was back to back NCA champions so I would like to think they are good and I can't tell if they are piking them over or if they are a proper layout. So I'm beginning to wonder how it's suppose to look. I wish I could tell as easily as yall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see what yall are talking about with them that most everyone pikes it over so I went and watched our j4 from last year who was back to back NCA champions so I would like to think they are good and I can't tell if they are piking them over or if they are a proper layout. So I'm beginning to wonder how it's suppose to look. I wish I could tell as easily as yall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my non-technical way of explaining it is that they're never "laying." as soon as their heads flip back, they're folding at the hips. there should at least be a moment where if you froze time it would look like they were just laying down and floating in mid-air. these look more like "let me just throw my legs over my head and hope i make it around..." if that helps you distinguish them lol

Back