All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My biggest concern is safety. Injuries are always a possibility in this sport and even more so at Level 5/6 just because of the level of difficulty. It is SOOOO not worth the risk to compete at Level 5 and possibly end your cheer career. Sometimes parents need to be parents and step up and do what is best for their children.

I just did a quick Twitter search for CAC Purple Heart and found a tweet alluding to them being formed as a five in as far back as May.
Oh. :(

Well hoping was just a real bad showing with some fill ins.

*If you think this post is about you, it probably is*

Is this a new team for charlotte?

I know very few people there as most either went to CA or left cheer but the few I do know are at main.

From what I understand the main gym is now a separate entity from North and South. We expected a name change but maybe it was too late in the year to do so?

Main still has Teal and a junior team I believe. From what I've heard they've learned a lot over the last couple years and are trying to revamp the program; primarily by going back to one location and making it strong again.

As far as I know North has the same world's team that they had last year. I'd guess that Purple Hearts is South's way of starting a level 5 program. But I really know next to nothing about those two locations now that they are not a part of Main.

It's a little sad actually because even though these are separated groups now this team makes all CAC programs look really bad.

As a coach, if I EVER, at any gym, tried to pass that routine to my owner (AKA The boss) as level 5... I would sign my own termination slip.

I usually keep my mouth shut, but I'm appalled that any person who calls themselves any type of coach, teacher, or anyone that gives one care in the world, let that team take the floor as a level 5 team - junior, restricted, exhibition, or polkadotted. You know where you're going to score, you know what you're putting yourself into... aka... why are you still doing it? At this point I'll just say it - you're only level 5 for your own ego.. no consideration for what your athletes are ACTUALLY READY FOR.
I'm with you on this. My kids will go out and compete thigh stands and straight jumps before I let them fall all over the floor like that. I just don't understand it. Not only does it do a disservice to the reputation of your program, but it also kills the kids' confidence.

I'm with you on this. My kids will go out and compete thigh stands and straight jumps before I let them fall all over the floor like that. I just don't understand it. Not only does it do a disservice to the reputation of your program, but it also kills the kids' confidence.

True story, I pulled my high school varsity kids all the way pack to PREPS at games because I got sick of watching them drop full ups at games.

per CAC's website, the senior level 5 team for the south location is Purple Heart.
They also have a senior 3/4 team.

@CharlotteASMom . Any chance you know what level this team normally competes at?

*If you think this post is about you, it probably is*

Edited to correct tagged persons name

They are listed on the website as a a Senior Level 5 team.

They would be a kickbutt level 3 team and probably a weak level 4 team. The layouts that I saw were poor form and the "fulls" were in a tuck position which shows me that the kids don't have the core strength to do a proper layout without a twist.

per CAC's website, the senior level 5 team for the south location is Purple Heart.
They also have a senior 3/4 team.
Surely someone will come to their senses. If they competed exhibition last week they must have some understanding that their kids aren't ready (there was a small senior division at that competition)....or maybe they had some fill ins that weren't the right age or something....but in either case, hopefully they'll reevaluate that given their showing from this video. It's just not fair to the kids to be set up for failure.

Id love to see the scoresheets actually, the more I watch it the more angry I get and then I get mad at myself for continuing to watch it :/

Those poor kids

^That wasn't terrible. Not every gym has a Cheer Athletics-esque pool to pick from. And it's still wicked early in the season.

^That wasn't terrible. Not every gym has a Cheer Athletics-esque pool to pick from. And it's still wicked early in the season.

Are you sure? they may not have the kids to pick from but most of those kids should not have been level 3. They have kids yes so they should definitely be more sensible when putting together a team. There was only a couple kids who actually had good tucks.

There is a small gym down here who has lost a lot of their kids as they use to be large. They have between 11-15 girls on every team so they have a bunch of small teams but atleast they placed the kids where they needed and didn't bump them up. They did pretty well at their first comp. Idc if they have kids but they probably should think about where they are placing them.

Back