All-Star 2014/2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wait... I haven't read the entire thread so please forgive me for not having all facts yet, but people are angry with them for not answering a question about how many crossovers they have?
I'm going back to read it all now. Just for the record I don't think it's fair for anyone to demand answers about how any gym operates, forms teams, designs uniforms, handles their delinquent accounts, etc. unless there are severe legal and moral issues involved. It's all strategy and business. They may choose to keep their business private. Just because another gym chose to answer and put it all out there doesn't mean everyone else should have to.

I'm just curious about why they MUST answer the question. I'd be upset if any of you demanded the same answer from me. Mostly because I would need to write a three page paper detailing how I formed teams and why I chose to cross who I cross. The intimate details and ins and outs of my teams, and the kids that are on them, isn't just a black and white answer of: "we have 5 crossovers from level 2 to level 3". You don't even get a teeny tiny portion of the picture with that answer.

I'm off to read!

*I'll save my sandbagging comments for the new thread so I don't derail the videos thread any further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, nobody is angry there wasn't an answer. But I think you will see that for yourself once you catch up on the thread. :)

CheerMedia has a ton of videos on his youtube page, I'm not gonna post all of them here to avoid completely spamming this thread, but they will all be on the Wiki.

ECE C5

SJS Avalanche

WE Recon

Champion Cheer Phoenix

Maryland Twisters Shade

SJS Lady Reign

ECE M5

Maryland Twisters Weathergirls

WE Black Ops from last week

Texas Lonestar Red last week

Wait... I haven't read the entire thread so please forgive me for not having all facts yet, but people are angry with them for not answering a question about how many crossovers they have?
I'm going back to read it all now. Just for the record I don't think it's fair for anyone to demand answers about how any gym operates, forms teams, designs uniforms, handles their delinquent accounts, etc. unless there are severe legal and moral issues involved. It's all strategy and business. They may choose to keep their business private. Just because another gym chose to answer and put it all out there doesn't mean everyone else should have to.

I'm just curious about why they MUST answer the question. I'd be upset if any of you demanded the same answer from me. Mostly because I would need to write a three page paper detailing how I formed teams and why I chose to cross who I cross. The intimate details and ins and outs of my teams, and the kids that are on them, isn't just a black and white answer of: "we have 5 crossovers from level 2 to level 3". You don't even get a teeny tiny portion of the picture with that answer.

I'm off to read!

*I'll save my sandbagging comments for the new thread so I don't derail the videos thread any further.

The question was truly asked in a non-snarky manner, after compliments galore has been bestowed by the same poster in the same post, because a video had been watched of the level 2 and level 5 and there seemed to be quite a few of the same faces.

The responses from both the owner - and then followed up her mom - were defensive and obnoxious. Their reaction was very surprising and completely unnecessary.

I'm off to read!

I completely understand where you are coming from in your post. However, I do feel that the way the in which the owner responded to questions/speculations about the number of crossovers (accusing these people of bashing the gym when the videos were posted very close together and it was obvious with only one watch of each video that at least the girl who throws the 3 to double is center for most of the level 2 routine and her dancing the questions) caused people to question the gym because she was acting as though their crossover numbers/practices was something to hide. No one is angry (although I might be if my child's junior level 2 team was going to have to compete against this team at the Summit). I believe there was a far more professional way in which the owner could have approached her answers in this thread that wouldn't have caused people to become so concerned with the crossovers.

I completely understand where you are coming from in your post. However, I do feel that the way the in which the owner responded to questions/speculations about the number of crossovers (accusing these people of bashing the gym when the videos were posted very close together and it was obvious with only one watch of each video that at least the girl who throws the 3 to double is center for most of the level 2 routine and her dancing the questions) caused people to question the gym because she was acting as though their crossover numbers/practices was something to hide. No one is angry (although I might be if my child's junior level 2 team was going to have to compete against this team at the Summit). I believe there was a far more professional way in which the owner could have approached her answers in this thread that wouldn't have caused people to become so concerned with the crossovers.

The gym is now in question because we didn't like the way a (non-regular) poster replied? This is my concern. We all know this is an emotionally charged topic. For just a minute, we should put ourselves in their shoes and think about what they might be feeling. No one has a problem with "mama bears" in other scenarios. And I feel like that's what happened here. Just like parents get protective and defensive of their kids, gym owners feel the same way about their programs. I could do without the snarky replies too. But this isn't like the 3 year old bhs mama that didn't want to hear good advice. This is an otherwise nice group of people that suddenly got pushed in front of a Fierceboard firing squad. It's probably more than a little upsetting to them. So I'm trying really hard to give them the benefit of the doubt. Because I DO respect their gym and in saying so then I have to put that respect into practice and try to understand and see things from their perspective.

When I stumbled on this thread I got an oogie feeling because this just doesn't quite sound right. Besides feeling like this is a veiled attempt to discredit a possible Summit contender early on (later, if they win people will surely remember this and be salty), I also feel weird for the following reasons (prepare yourselves for a @Just-a-Mom list ;) ) -

1. If anyone here is facing accusations of sandbagging because they have athletes with higher level skills crossing over to any of their teams, then we all need to get in line for questioning. Every gym has kids on teams with higher level skills than what they perform in every routine.

2. It all sounds dangerously presumptuous. No one owes anyone any explanations here and Imo they shouldn't have replied to any questions at all. We can't pretend to know all the details of why any kid is on any team in any gym. And we can ask all we want but not one gym owner owes anyone any explanations about their teams levels. It's a personal decision made by the experts employed in that gyms gym. And not every gym owner can give a well-thought out @BlueCat or @tumbleyoda type of reply. Just like some kids have more experience and stage ready skills, some gym owners have more experience and a "stage ready" public presence.

3. "Who here has felt personally victimized by Jersey All-Stars?"

@MaineStar234 I understand your position and I respect your feelings about teams being stacked for The Summit. But to everyone reading this, didn't we discuss at great length the measures that teams went to to ensure their teams success at The Summit last year? So by now we all know what has to be done in order to win at that event. Idk if that is what Jersey has up their pretty green sleeve or not, but it is certainly not a new idea.

@cupieqt
I usually agree with you, but I have to call BS on this. Is it what needs to be done to win? Maybe. Hopefully it will change over time, though, if enough people scream "cheater, cheater, pumpkin eater!" Yes, I know that it's not technically cheating but if you took a large poll, I'd bet that the overwhelming majority would say that it sure felt like cheating. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

The fact is, we are doing our kids a huge disservice by sandbagging just to win. Is winning really that important? What does it teach them? You aren't good enough to win at your level. You need to compete down drastically to get that win. Let's just work at a mediocre level instead of your best. Then we wonder why kids don't work to their potential in other aspects of their lives :rolleyes:

Frankly, if I had the choice between coming in 3rd at my level or winning a jacket or ring by bumping down 2 or more levels, I'll take the 3rd place. I'd hope that my kids would see the accomplishment in that, too.

@dawgshow girl I never ever said I agree with it. But it's done. And we can pretend this is all about youth sports but it's 100% about business. Those are business decisions being made.

I am with you. If I could win a purity ring for keeping things clean I'd have one on every finger.

Back