All-Star 2014 Nca All-star Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am not looking into bashing any gyms either (I actually like the gyms with the world bids.) You pose a good question, say one of the teams with the world bid wins NCA, & gets the paid bid to summit. Is it ethical for them to accept the paid bid to summit and compete at the summit the weekend after worlds?

My point is once you accept a bid to worlds or summit. A team should be required to compete in the division they earned the bid in.

Good point! I didn't even think of that...I think I may officially blow up if that happened. That would be wrong on so many levels!!!

Also, I do applaud NCA for making a team compete at least once in their new level prior to attending NCA. I do hope, however, that they continue to look at the problem and make it even harder to drop a level. I would just love for a team to have to declare a level by Jan 1 and stay there. No going back and forth. I say Jan 1 because from my own personal experience, it does take competing a time or two before you really know how good your team will be. Sometimes the skills they "have" don't necessarily translate to the floor as you expect them to.

They just updated the nca performance schedule, but I am not catching the changes. All our stuff is the same.

I'll keep things generic. I'm not looking to bash any gyms. But for those teams attending Worlds yet competing as Restricted for NCA, I have a question. Following Worlds are you then taking your team to the Summit to compete as Restricted ? And as for the LJ4 team competing as LJ3 for NCA, are you attending the Summit ? If so, in what category ?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
World Cup's real J3, Supersonics, has an at large bid in LJ3. World Cup Starburst, the LJ4 going J3 for Dallas doesn't have any summit bid.

World Cup's real J3, Supersonics, has an at large bid in LJ3. World Cup Starburst, the LJ4 going J3 for Dallas doesn't have any summit bid.

What if your J4 team competing in the J3 category at NCA receives a Summit bid ? Then you'll have your J3 and J4 teams competing against each other at Summit. Then your J3 team will feel like the rest of the J3 teams at NCA.

Good point! I didn't even think of that...I think I may officially blow up if that happened. That would be wrong on so many levels!!!

Also, I do applaud NCA for making a team compete at least once in their new level prior to attending NCA. I do hope, however, that they continue to look at the problem and make it even harder to drop a level. I would just love for a team to have to declare a level by Jan 1 and stay there. No going back and forth. I say Jan 1 because from my own personal experience, it does take competing a time or two before you really know how good your team will be. Sometimes the skills they "have" don't necessarily translate to the floor as you expect them to.
Per the Summit website: "
Are crossovers allowed between Cheerleading Worlds and The Summit?
The MAXIMUM number of individuals allowed to crossover from the 2014 Cheerleading Worlds to The Summit will be 5 athletes per team

The MAXIMUM number of individuals allowed to crossover from the 2014 Cheerleading Worlds to The Summit will be 5 athletes per team
This however has no pertinence when you have a team that has performed both as a World's team and in a Restricted category throughout the competition season. Technically the athletes aren't crossovers so they can perform at Worlds and then at Summit without any issue.

What if your J4 team competing in the J3 category at NCA receives a Summit bid ? Then you'll have your J3 and J4 teams competing against each other at Summit. Then your J3 team will feel like the rest of the J3 teams at NCA.

I'm not sure if your questions are rhetorical or if you think I cheer at World Cup, but I don't just to be clear. As my name says I live in Maine. I wonder what they'd do if that happened. It's a tricky situation since it is legal to do this, even though most of us disagree with it.

This however has no pertinence when you have a team that has performed both as a World's team and in a Restricted category throughout the competition season. Technically the athletes aren't crossovers so they can perform at Worlds and then at Summit without any issue.

I've had a long day and could totally be reading your post wrong, if so I apologize. But my understanding is that only 5 athletes per team at the Summit are allowed to have competed at Worlds. So in this case if an entire team competed at Worlds, only 5 of them would then be allowed to compete on that R5 team at the Summit, but the rest could be anybody as there are no rules about alternates. Unless I don't understand that rule correctly. I think the number should be 0 per team, but that's a whole different argument.

I've had a long day and could totally be reading your post wrong, if so I apologize. But my understanding is that only 5 athletes per team at the Summit are allowed to have competed at Worlds. So in this case if an entire team competed at Worlds, only 5 of them would then be allowed to compete on that R5 team at the Summit, but the rest could be anybody as there are no rules about alternates. Unless I don't understand that rule correctly. I think the number should be 0 per team, but that's a whole different argument.
That is the way that I understood it as well. I believe they wanted to avoid some of the things that happened last year.

I'm pretty sure there is an NCA rule in place that makes it a requirement to compete at at least one competition at the level/division you are competing at NCA, which I believe was put in place to try to limit the sandbagging that was becoming popular.

As a person who whoes daughter will be competing aganist this team, I think this crazy rule. How can NCA openly let e level 4 team compete as a level 3 but then if I go book a hotel not through housing connections, then you want to disqualify my team. Please explain this logic to me?

I think that was a new rule in the fall that they were trying to get passed and it never went thru officially.

I'm not sure if your questions are rhetorical or if you think I cheer at World Cup, but I don't just to be clear. As my name says I live in Maine. I wonder what they'd do if that happened. It's a tricky situation since it is legal to do this, even though most of us disagree with it.

Sorry if my words seemed accusatorial in any way. My questions were indeed rhetorical and intended to be more thought provoking than anything else. World Cup is better than this. Is the win just as sweet even if you bent the rules ? And what does that teach the athletes ? Is it worth putting a gym's reputation on the line ? Or, maybe their reputation won't take a hit at all. I don't know. I feel bad for any teams negatively affected by this decision.

Back