All-Star 2014 Summit Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Probably too much to ask that they're about to announce ATC in Bellevue as a Summit bid comp (I hate that it's not!). Lol! Not that that would be a Super Huge and Amazing Announcement.

Probably they're going to release pics of a new ring or something. *yawn*

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I saw one of the Connect kids on twitter talking about how many days till their first Summit bid comp (it was ATC) and I 'bout fainted from excitement. But then realized she was mistaken :(. They are in talks of adding another big Varsity comp to the NW area (OR or WA) which would mean more summit bids for next year.

Totally off topic but did you daughter get to compete last weekend before the power went out? The three Roach teams I saw were very very very impressive! And LOVE the new uni's!

She's on J3 (which got to perform) and S4 (which didn't). I was pretty impressed, too! Her team was the last to perform and I teased her that her fierceness caused the power to fail. Haha! I told her that I'm ready to buy airline tickets to Orlando. Hopefully I'm not cursing them. Her J2 team started strong last year, but ended up really struggling. Thank you, though. I also love the uniforms. I hope that the big V can fix the fit issues right away.

I thought that ATC was a bid comp until about a month ago. I don't know why I thought so...other than the fact that it should be.

I've only been to S2S once...three years ago... and if memory serves me right, I think most of those teams compete in Bellevue anyway.

We're doing S2S this year, and as far as I know, we won't defer if given a bid.

I've only been to S2S once...three years ago... and if memory serves me right, I think most of those teams compete in Bellevue anyway.

We're doing S2S this year, and as far as I know, we won't defer if given a bid.

Same and same.

Part of the reason S2S has bids is because they are affliated with Varisty (part of the Varsity family plan)... ATC does not but I wish they would though so that they can start offering Summit bids.

Fit issues with the uniforms? Were some of them too big? And that J3 team is fierceeeeee. Their stunt choreography was pretty unique.

I saw somewhere that it ESPN3 is broadcasting it live online? Is there confirmation that this will be on TV?

VARSITY ALL STAR'S "THE SUMMIT" TO BE BROADCAST LIVE ON
ESPN3_logo_small.gif

The Summit will be broadcast LIVE on ESPN 3 via WatchESPN, a new app providing nonstop reporting of ESPN live sports and shows.

Memphis, Tenn., January 15, 2014 - In 2013, Varsity All Star launched its new all levels championship, The Summit, which was created to provide an unique opportunity for the best youth, junior and senior teams in non-Worlds divisions to face-off in a live competition. The inaugural Summit competition was held at the Walt Disney World Resort® in Orlando, FL in May of 2013.

There were 339 teams from 170 gyms in 39 states at the first event, doubling the expected number of teams. Feedback from athletes, coaches and parents was overwhelmingly positive. "(Disney was an) awesome venue," said Chuck Chartrey of NW Xtreme. "(The Summit) was such a morale and enrollment booster for us."

The 2014 Summit will take place on May 3rd and 4th at the Walt Disney World® Resort's ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Florida. Varsity All Star will be awarding 100 paid bids and 375 at-large bids to teams that qualify to take the climb to The Summit at 40 of its premier Varsity events across the country.

New this year is an exclusive LIVE show of The Summit that will be broadcast on ESPN3 at the 2014 competition. "We're thrilled to be able to offer coverage of The Summit on ESPN3," said John Newby, Executive VP of Varsity. "The world can see the talent of these amazing athletes for themselves, as well as family members and fans of all star cheerleading."

Access to live programming on the ESPN3 channel of WatchESPN.com is available at no additional cost to fans with subscriptions to participating high speed internet service providers. To find out more about how to watch, go to WatchESPN.com.

We are excited to offer this new medium to showcase The Summit. More information regarding routine coverage will be available closer to the time of this year's event.

Back