All-Star 2015-2016 Practice Wear

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CKO4lQOWsAAUOdl.jpg:large
I like the omni ones! Theyre so bright and colorful compared to the gemini ones. The gemini ones looks so.. Simple? Idk
I think all of the Freehold teams have both a basic set and a sublimated set. Not all of the practicewear made it in time for skills camp.

No, you can't. Some people like to lift their shirts to just show their stomachs, but you're not allowed to take off your shirt altogether

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously it's the Rays and they're an awesome program, but seriously?! They're in Georgia---and Georgia, like Florida, is HOT! I can't imagine being forced to wear more stuff---I was that mom who refused to let her Tiny practice in shorts and a pair of shorts until I stopped inside the actual practice area, not the parent area, and my tune changed like lightning. That has got to be miserable.[/QUOTE]

Well, some parents don't like their kids to practice in just a sports bra and shorts, especially with as many men coaches as Rays has. So, they want everybody to be equal so I guess they decided to just make everyone have on a shirt.

Obviously it's the Rays and they're an awesome program, but seriously?! They're in Georgia---and Georgia, like Florida, is HOT! I can't imagine being forced to wear more stuff---I was that mom who refused to let her Tiny practice in shorts and a pair of shorts until I stopped inside the actual practice area, not the parent area, and my tune changed like lightning. That has got to be miserable.

Well, some parents don't like their kids to practice in just a sports bra and shorts, especially with as many men coaches as Rays has. So, they want everybody to be equal so I guess they decided to just make everyone have on a shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

:eek:

Obviously it's the Rays and they're an awesome program, but seriously?! They're in Georgia---and Georgia, like Florida, is HOT! I can't imagine being forced to wear more stuff---I was that mom who refused to let her Tiny practice in shorts and a pair of shorts until I stopped inside the actual practice area, not the parent area, and my tune changed like lightning. That has got to be miserable.
I tumbled there on a college visit two summers ago and it honestly wasn't bad. I practice in a shirt anyway so I wasn't about to take my shirt off but it might have been air conditioned? Or had a LOT of fans. I just remember being like "I'm going to die" and then being fine. And I'm usually really hot all the time!

As a former ray athlete I can say that while it does get very hot in the gym, I never felt like it was unbearable. There are huge fans that were installed a couple of years ago that help keep things cool. I believe the rule is in place to make sure everyone is comfortable.

honestly, ive found practicing in a tank/tshirt SAFER than just a sports bra. People get very slippery in just a sports bra and shorts making stunting very difficult and hard to catch
I definitely feel the opposite. Fingers caught in tops caused one of my teammates to almost lose a finger. With just a sports bra there's nothing to get in the way. That's why I preferred my flyer to wear either a sports bra or a spandex-type tight fitted shirt that hugged her body.

I was always a sports bra only girl when I actively cheered.

From a coaching standpoint, I have never ordered the oversized tanks as I have found them to be a safety hazard.

I wouldn't be able to twist with at shirt on. Every time I tried, I freaked out and got lost in my tumbling because my shirt came up over my head. I always wore just a sports bra and spandex to practice at my last two gyms. At my first gym, we weren't allowed to practice in sports bras. I was only twisting on tumble track back then plus I used to tie my shirts with a pony tail (gag) or wear a fitted tank to practice so it wasn't a big deal.

What's the difference between tucking your shirt into your sports bra or just wearing a sports bra though? I guess I just don't understand the "making everyone comfortable" thing since some people are more comfortable in just a sports bra.

What's the difference between tucking your shirt into your sports bra or just wearing a sports bra though? I guess I just don't understand the "making everyone comfortable" thing since some people are more comfortable in just a sports bra.
ITA with this. Our gym requires a shirt or tank, in the south, with days where the heat index is in excess of 115. One practice day is a tee shirt with sleeves, one is a fitted tank. CP would be much more comfortable in just a sports bra and spanks, and with the heat, the tee especially is misery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our practice wear is span shorts and sports bra and a tank to wear over, but the tank is optional. I really didn't like the idea of my CP practicing in just a sports bra until I saw hot hot the gym gets and it seems a lot better for spotting the tumbling to not have the extra fabric. Some girls do wear the tanks- they let each athlete decide.

Back